Estimation of a Bottom Echo-Signal Level Reflected from a Plane Surface of a Cylindrical Article Using a Normal Probe Operating in a Pulsed Mode
- 17 Downloads
The influence of the pulsed operating mode on a bottom echo-signal level reflected from a plane surface of a cylindrical article is studied during variations in the article's radius. It is shown that the pulsed character of a signal smoothens this function significantly as compared to that in the previously computed continuous mode. Numerical estimates of the bottom echo signal have been made for the ultrasonic inspection of wheel-pair axles of railway vehicles.
KeywordsStructural Material Operating Mode Numerical Estimate Plane Surface Normal Probe
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ermolov, I.N., Teoriya i praktika ul'trazvukovogo kontrolya (Theory and Practice of Ultrasonic Inspection), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1981.Google Scholar
- 2.Ermolov, I.N. and Lange, Yu. V., Nerazrushayshchii kontrol'. Spravochnik v 7-mi tomakh (Nondestructive Testing. Handbook in 7 Volumes.), Klyuev, V.V., Ed., vol. 3: Ultrasonic Testing, Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2004.Google Scholar
- 3.Danilov, V.N. and Voronkov, V.A., On the Calculation of DGS Diagrams, V Mire Nerazrush. Kontrol., 2001, no. 2, pp. 20–22.Google Scholar
- 4.RD 32.144-2000. Acceptance Nondestructive Testing. Rolled-Steel Wheels, Tires, and Wheel Pair Axes of Rolling Stock. Engineering Requirements.Google Scholar
- 5.Danilov, V.N., Estimating the Parameters of Signals Observed during Ultrasonic Testing of a Cylindrical Article with a Normal Probe at the End Surface, Defektoskopiya, 2005, no. 2, pp. 55–71 [Rus. J. of Nondestructive Testing (Engl. Transl.), 2005, vol. 41, no. 2, p. 102].Google Scholar
- 6.Yavorskii, B.M. and Detlaf, A.A., Spravochnik po fizike dlya inzhenerov i studentov vuzov (Handbook on Physics for Engineers and Students of Colleges), Moscow: Nauka, 1968.Google Scholar
- 7.Danilov, V.N. and Izofatova, N. Yu., Programs for Computer Simulation of Electroacoustic Channels in Flaw Detectors, Defektoskopiya, 2000, no. 3, pp. 19–24 [Rus. J. of Nondestructive Testing (Engl. Transl.), 2000, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 170–174].Google Scholar
- 8.Danilov, V.N., Izofatova, N. Yu., and Voronkov, V.A., Comparison of Theoretical and Experimental Results of Studying the Work of Normal Transceivers, Defektoskopiya, 1997, no. 6, pp. 39–49.Google Scholar
- 9.Korolev, M.V. and Karpel'son, A.E., Shirokopolosnye Ul'trazvukovye Preobrazovateli (Wide-Band Ultrasonic Transducers), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1982.Google Scholar
- 10.Brekhovskikh, L.M., Volny v sloistykh sredakh (Waves in Layered Media), Moscow: Nauka, 1973.Google Scholar
- 11.ΓOCT (State Standard) 22780-93 (ISO 1005-9-86): Car Axles for 1520 (1524) mm Gauge Main-Line Railways. Types, Parameters, and Dimensions, 1993.Google Scholar