The Near-Zone Acoustic Field of Single-Phase Transmitters upon Electromagnetic-Acoustic Conversion in Metals
- 17 Downloads
An acoustic field produced in metals by single-phase (infinitely long) inductive transmitters is considered. It is shown that a stable radiation field from single-phase transducers is formed at substantially shorter distances from the interface of media than in the case of two-phase transducers. This distance can be adjusted by varying the width of the transducer.
KeywordsRadiation Structural Material Short Distance Radiation Field Acoustic Field
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Komarov, V.A., The Acoustic Near-Field Zone Formed upon EMAC in Metals, Defektoskopiya, 2004, no. 3, pp. 56–68 [Rus. J. of Nondestructive Testing (Engl. Transl.), 2004, vol. 40, no. 3, p. 188].Google Scholar
- 2.Lependin, L.F., Akustika (Acoustics), Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 1978.Google Scholar
- 3.Glukhov, N.A., On the Directivity of Shear-Vibration Electromagnetic-Acoustical Transducer, Defektoskopiya, 1971, no. 1, pp. 13–19.Google Scholar
- 4.Komarov, V.A. and Il'yasov, R.S., Investigation of the Topography of Electromagnetic-Acoustical Field of Inductive Transmitters, Defektoskopiya, 1980, no. 4, pp. 31–39.Google Scholar
- 5.Il'yasov, R.S. and Komarov, V.A., The Topography of Electromagnetic Field Induced by Body Share Waves at a Ferromagnet-Air Interface, Defektoskopiya, 1982, no. 10, pp. 49–54.Google Scholar
- 6.Komarov, V.A., Kvazistatsionarnoe elektromagnitno-akusticheskoe preobrazovanie v metallakh (Quasi-Stationary Electromagnetic-Acoustical Conversion in Metals), Sverdlovsk: Ural. N. Ts. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1986.Google Scholar
- 7.Komarov, V.A., Muzhitskii, V.F., and Gurevich, S.Yu., Teoriya fizicheskikh polei. Tom III: Svyazannye polya (The Theory of Physical Fields. Vol. III: Coupled Fields), Chelyabinsk-Izhevsk: Yuzhno-Ural. Gos. Univ., 2000.Google Scholar