The development of theoretical foundations for electromagnetic flaw detection of oil and gas wells
- 41 Downloads
Theoretical foundations of the development of nonstationary electromagnetic (EM) flaw detection of wells as applied to the problem of measuring the wall thickness of casing and lifting pipes of oil and oil-and-gas wells are considered taking into account the diversity of EM properties of metals. Analytical dependences and experimental data on measuring the EM fields formed in the presence of local inhomogeneities of a string, such as small-diameter holes, are analyzed. Main requirements for the engineering parameters of the equipment and principles of interpreting well-logging EM flaw detection are shown.
KeywordsExperimental Data Wall Thickness Structural Material Theoretical Foundation Flaw Detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sidorov, V.A., Gubatenko, V.P., and Glechikov, V.A., Stanovlenie elektromagnitnogo polya v neodnorodnykh sredakh primenitel’no k geofizicheskim issledovaniyam (The Formation of Electromagnetic Field in Nonuniform Media As Applied to Geophysical Investigations), Saratov: Saratov. Gos. Univ., 1977.Google Scholar
- 2.Sidorov, V.A., Magnetopulsed Flaw Detection and Thickness Measuring of Strings, Neftyanoe Khozyaistvo, 1996, no. 10, pp. 12–14.Google Scholar
- 3.Teplukhin, V.K., Miller, A.V., Kazakova, O.M., and Miller, A.A., Problems of Electromagnetic Well Thickness Measuring in the Inspection of Technical Condition of Oil-and-Gas Wells, in Geofizicheskie issledovaniya v neftegazovykh skvazhinakh (Geophysical Investigations in Oil-and-Gas Wells), Ufa: OAO NPP VNIIGIS, Bashkir. Gos. Univ., 1998, pp. 187–209.Google Scholar
- 4.Teplukhin, V.K., Miller, A.V., Miller, A.A., et al., Scanning Electromagnetic Flaw Detector for Testing Casing Strings, in Materialy Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakt. konferentsii (Proc. of the International Scientific and Practical Conference), Oktyabr’skii, 2001, pp. 324–331.Google Scholar
- 5.Kaufman, A.A., Teoriya induktsionnogo karotazha (The Theory of Induction Well Logging), Moscow: Nauka, 1965.Google Scholar
- 6.Kaufman, A.A., Vvedenie v teoriyu geofizicheskikh metodov. Chast’ I: Gravitatsionnye, elektricheskie i magnitnye polya (Introduction to the Theory of Geophysical Methods. Part I: Gravitational, Electrical and Magnetic Fields), Moscow: Nedra, 1997.Google Scholar
- 7.Servisnyi katalog po karotazhnym rabotam (Service Catalogue on Logging), Schlumberger Firm, 1996, pp. 79–82.Google Scholar
- 8.Potapov, A.P. and Kneller, L.E., Interpretation of Pulsed Electromagnetic Thickness Measuring Based on Solutions of Direct and Inverse Problems, NTV Karotazhnik, Tver: AIS, 1999, no. 64, pp. 85–91.Google Scholar