On reconstruction of cracks with interacting edges
A method for the reconstruction of the configuration of cracks is suggested based on finding heat sources that model the interaction between cracks’ edges (such as friction and collapse) in solids exposed to external ultrasound. The input information for reconstruction is a stationary temperature field on a solid boundary. The functional of “nonreciprocity” was constructed; the study of this functional made it possible to convert the problem of determining a crack’s parameters into a few transcendental equations; explicit formulas were obtained for small cracks. The results of computational experiments on reconstruction of the parameters of a straight crack are considered.
KeywordsStructural Material Heat Source Temperature Field Explicit Formula Computational Experiment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nerazrushayushchii kontrol’ i diagnostika (Nondestructive Testing and Diagnostics), Klyuev, V.V., Ed., Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1995.Google Scholar
- 2.Ermolov, I.N., Lange, Yu.V., and Shcherbinskii, V.G., Progress in Ultrasonic Testing (Based on the Proceedings of the 15th International Conference). 1. New Methods and Equipment, Kontrol’. Diagnostika, 2002, no. 3.Google Scholar
- 3.Kazakov, V.V. and Sutin, A.M. Using the Effect of Ultrasound Modulation by Vibrations for Pulse Localization of Cracks, Akust. Zh. 2001, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 364–369.Google Scholar
- 4.Parton, V.Z. and Boriskovskii, V.G., Dinamika khrupkogo razrusheniya (Dynamics of Brittle Fracture), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1988.Google Scholar
- 5.Zozulya, V.V. and Men’shikov, A.V., About One 3D Contact Problem of Fracture Mechanics in a Case of Normal Action of Tension-Compression Wave, Int. Appl. Mech. 2002, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 74–78.Google Scholar
- 6.Zozulya, V.V. and Men’shikov, A.V., Contact of Planar Elliptically-Shaped Crack Edges in the Case of Normal Action of Tension-Compression Wave, Teor. Prikl. Mekh. 2003, no. 37, pp. 168–172.Google Scholar
- 7.Kovalev, A.V., Survey Facilities Based on Introscopy Methods. Acoustic Searching Systems, Spets. Tekh. 2000, no. 2, http://st.ess.ru/publications/articles/kovalev4/kovalev.htm.Google Scholar
- 8.Bannour, T., Abda, A.B., and Jaoua, M., A Semi-Explicit Algorithm for the Reconstruction of 3D Planar Cracks, Inverse Probl. 1997, no. 13, pp. 899–917.Google Scholar
- 9.Andrieux, S., Abda, A.B., and Jaoua, M., On the Inverse Emergent Plane Crack Problem, Math. Methods Appl. Sci. 1998, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 895–906.Google Scholar
- 10.Vatul’yan, A.O., Baranov, I.V., and Guseva, I.A., Identification of a Crack-Like Flaw in an Orthotropic Layer, Defektoskopiya, 2001, no. 10, pp. 48–52 [Rus. J. of Nondestructive Testing (Engl. Transl.), vol. 37, no. 10, p. 718].Google Scholar
- 11.Vatul’yan, A.O. and Solov’ev, A.N., Determination of the Size of a Defect in a Compound Elastic Body, Defektoskopiya, 2004, no. 5, pp. 15–24 [Rus. J. of Nondestructive Testing (Engl. Transl.), 2004, vol. 40, no. 5, p. 298].Google Scholar
- 12.Novatskii, V., Dynamiczne zagadnienia termosprezystosci, Warsaw, 1966. Translated under the title Dinamicheskie zadachi termouprugosti, Moscow: Mir, 1970.Google Scholar