In Silico Identification and Characterization of Meiotic DNA: AluJb Possibly Participates in the Attachment of Chromatin Loops to Synaptonemal Complex
Earlier, using bioinformatic methods, we reported the identification of repeated DNA sequences (RSs), presumably responsible for the attachment of chromatin loops to the lateral elements of synaptonemal complex in meiotic chromosomes. In the present study, consensus sequences for this class of RS were identified. It was demonstrated that at least part of these sequences belonged to the AluJb subfamily of Alu sequences. The Alu copies distribution along the major human histocompatibility complex (MHC) and their spatial separation from the sites of meiotic recombination was examined. It was demonstrated that simple sequences, like (GT/CA) n , were flanking meiotic recombination sites. A model of the RS organization in meiotic chromosome, most efficiently linking experimental data on the meiotic recombination in MHC and the in silico data on the RS localization (the coefficient of multiple correlation, r = 0.92) is suggested.
KeywordsExperimental Data Consensus Sequence Spatial Separation Synaptonemal Complex Meiotic Recombination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Karpova, O.I., Safronov, V.V., Zaitseva, S.P., and Bogdanov, Yu.F., Some Properties of DNA from Isolated Mouse Synaptonemal Complex Fraction, Mol. Biol. (Moscow), 1989, vol. 23, no.2, pp. 571–579.Google Scholar
- 3.Karpova, O.I., Penkina, M.V., Dadashev, S.Ya., et al., Specifics of the Primary Structure of DNA Associated with the Chinese Hamster Synaptonemal Complex, Mol. Biol. (Moscow), 1995, vol. 29, no.2, pp. 512–521.Google Scholar
- 6.Glazkov, M.V., Poltaraus, A.B., and Lebedeva, I.A., DNA Sequence Isolated from Protein Cores of Rosette-Like Structures (Elementary Chromosomes) of Mouse Interphase Chromosomes, Rus. J. Genet., 1994, vol. 30, no.9, pp. 993–1000.Google Scholar
- 11.Jurka, J., Origin and Evolution of Alu Repetitive Elements, The Impact of Short Interspersed Elements (SINEs) on the Host Genome, Maraia, R.J., Ed., Austin, Tex: Landes, 1995, pp. 25–41.Google Scholar
- 21.Keeney, S., Mechanism and Control of Meiotic Recombination Initiation, Curr. Topics Dev. Biol., 2001, vol. 52, pp. 1–53.Google Scholar