Hybrid and Monosomic Analyses of Smoky Coloration of the Ear in Common Wheat
- 22 Downloads
The results of the hybrid and monosomic analyses of smoky ear coloration in the common wheat variety columbina are reported. The character has been found to be monogenic, and its gene has been located to chromosome 1DS. The smoky ear coloration is determined by an allele of gene Rg2 introgressed to wheat from Aegilops tauschii.
KeywordsCommon Wheat Wheat Variety Monosomic Analysis Common Wheat Variety Smoky Coloration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rukovodstvo po aprobatsii sel’skokhozyaistvennykh kul’tur. Zernovye, krupyanye i zerno-bobovye kul’tury (Manual on Crop Appraisal: Grains and Grain Legumes), Moscow: Kolos, 1976.Google Scholar
- 2.Catalogue of Gene Symbols for Wheat, Proc. 9th Int. Wheat Genet. Symp., Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, 1998, vol. 5.Google Scholar
- 5.Kerber, E.R. and Dyck, P.L., Inheritance in Hexaploid Wheat of Leaf Rust Resistance and Other Characters Derived from Aegilops squarrosa, Can. J. Genet. Cytol., 1969, vol. 11, pp. 639–847.Google Scholar
- 6.Koval’, S.F., Genetic Analysis of Isogenic Lines of Spring Wheat Variety Novosibirskaya 67: I. Location of the Gene Determining the Brown Color of the Glume in Chromosome 1D, Rus. J. Genet., 1994, vol. 30, no.4, pp. 508–509.Google Scholar
- 7.Rukovodstvo po aprobatsii sel’skokhozyaistvennykh kul’tur (Manual on Crop Appraisal), Moscow: Sel’khozgiz, 1947, vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 8.Rokitskii, P.F., Vvedenie v statisticheskuyu genetiku (Introduction to Statistical Genetics), Minsk: Vysh. Shkola, 1974.Google Scholar
- 9.Pshenichnikova, T.A. and Maystrenko, O.I., Inheritance of Genes Coding for Gliadin Proteins and Glume Colour Introgressed into Triticum aestivum from a Synthetic Wheat, Plant Breed., 1995, vol. 114, pp. 501–504.Google Scholar
- 10.Aliev, A.B. and Musaev, A.D., Identification of the Rg1 Gene Controlling the Spike Color in Spring Common Wheat Cultivar Diamant 2, Izv. Sib. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Biol., 1991, no. 2, pp. 87–92.Google Scholar
- 11.Metakovsky, E.V., Gliadin Allele Identification in Common Wheat: II. Catalogue of Gliadin Alleles in Common Wheat, J. Genet. Breed., 1991, vol. 45, pp. 325–344.Google Scholar
- 12.Jones, S.S., Dvorak, J., and Qualset, C.O., Linkage Relations of Gli-D1, Rg2, and Lr21 on the Short Arm of Chromosome 1D in Wheat, Genome, 1990, vol. 33, pp. 937–940.Google Scholar
- 13.Vasenko, A.A., Inheritance of the Smoke-Gray Color of the Spike in Triticum vulgare Vill., Bot. Zh., 1936, vol. 21, pp. 186–188.Google Scholar