Determination of the Inductive Constant of the Succinimide Group from the Reaction Series of Thermolysis of Nitro Esters
- 26 Downloads
The inductive constant σ* of the succinimide group was determined using the previously obtained equation correlating the rate constant kl ofliquid-phase homolysis of the O-NO2 bond in nitro esters with the σ* constants of electronegative substituents. The kinetics of thermolysis of N-nitroxymethyl- and N-(2-nitroxyethyl)succinimide in the melt and solutions was studied manometrically. Adequate data for kl were obtained. The σ* constant of the succinimide group was determined to be 4.5. The σ* constants for the phthalimide group and some other imide substituents were determined by a similar procedure.
KeywordsEster Imide Thermolysis Reaction Series Adequate Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lur’e, B.A., Svetlov, B.S., and Shelaputina, V.P., in Khimicheskaya fizika protsessov goreniya i vzryva. Kinetika khimicheskikh reaktsii (Chemical Physics of Combustion and Explosion. Kinetics of Chemical Reactions), Chernogolovka: Otd. Inst. Khim. Fiz. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1977, p. 59.Google Scholar
- 2.Lurie, V., Abstracts of Papers, Tenth Symp. on Chemical Problems Connected with the Stability of Explosives, Margretetorp, 1955, p. 103.Google Scholar
- 3.Lur’e, B.A. and Svetlov, B.S., Kinet. Katal., 1994, vol. 35, no.2, p. 165.Google Scholar
- 4.Lur’e, B.A. and Kozhukhova, V.M., Zh. Obshch. Khim., 1991, vol. 61, no.12, p. 2726.Google Scholar
- 5.Kavell, D.N. and Suttoff, A.F., J. Chem. Soc. B, 1969, no. 4, p. 366.Google Scholar
- 6.Vereshchagin, A.N., Induktivnyi effekt. Konstanty zamestitelei dlya korrelyatsionnogo analiza (Inductive Effect. Substituent Constants for Correlation Analysis), Moscow: Nauka, 1988.Google Scholar