Synthesis of Secondary Alcohols and Their Esters from 4-Alkoxy-4-acetyl-1-(2-ethoxyethyl)piperidines
- 20 Downloads
4-Alkoxy-4-(1-hydroxyethyl)-1-(2-ethoxyethyl)piperidines were prepared by reduction of 4-alkoxy-4-acetyl-1-(2-ethoxyethyl)piperidines. The esters of the hydroxyethyl derivatives were prepared. The presence of an asymmetric carbon atom in the molecules of the carbinols and their esters results in complication of their 1H NMR spectra.
KeywordsAlcohol Ester Carbon Atom Piperidine Hydroxyethyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nazarov, I.N., Mashkovskii, M.D., Rudenko, V.A., Prostakov, N.S., and Ishchenko, V.I., Klin. Med., 1952, no. 8, p. 60.Google Scholar
- 2.Kazakhstan Patent 3137, 1988, Byull. Izobret. Resp. Kaz., 1996, no. 1.Google Scholar
- 3.Praliev, K.D. and Yu, V.K., Abstracts of Papers, Int. Conf. on Natural Products and Physiologically Active Substances, Novosibirsk, 1998, p. 143.Google Scholar
- 4.Botbaeva, K.A., Praliev, K.D., Poplavskaya, I.A., and Nauyryzova, B.Zh., Zh. Org. Khim., 2000, vol. 36, no.10, p. 1545.Google Scholar
- 5.Baimurzina, M.A., Poplavskaya, I.A., and Praliev, K.D., Izv. Minist. Obraz. Nauki Resp. Kaz., Nats. Akad. Nauk Resp. Kaz., Ser. Khim., 2001, no. 5, p. 10.Google Scholar