Synthesis and structure of copper(II) 3-(3′,5′-Di-tert-butyl-4′-hydroxybenzyl)acetylacetonate
- 28 Downloads
Copper(II) 3-(3′,5′-di-tert-butyl-4′-hydroxybenzyl)acetylacetonate was prepared, and its molecular and crystal structure were determined by single crystal X-ray diffraction. There are two crystallographically independent molecules of the complex in the crystal. In the first molecule, the square planar coordination of Cu(II) is virtually ideal, and in the second molecule it is somewhat distorted. On the whole, the conformations of the independent molecules are similar. The ESR spectrum of the polycrystalline complex suggests magnetic coupling of the Cu atoms and magnetic ordering. In solution in coordination-inert toluene, heating increases the contribution of tetrahedral distortions. In ethanol, the solvent molecule additionally coordinates at the axial positions of the complex.
KeywordsCopper Crystal Structure Toluene Solvent Molecule Acetylacetonate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Milaeva, E.R., Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2001, no. 4, p. 549.Google Scholar
- 2.Teoreticheskaya i prikladnaya khimiya β-diketonatov metallov (Theoretical and Applied Chemistry of Metal β-Diketonates), Spitsyn, V.I., Ed., Moscow: Nauka, 1985.Google Scholar
- 3.Spek, A.L., Acta Crystallogr., Sect. A, 1990, vol. 46, no.1, p. 34.Google Scholar
- 4.Kuska, H.A. and Rogers, M.T., J. Chem. Phys., 1965, vol. 43, no.5, p. 1744.Google Scholar
- 5.Zav’yalov, I.A., Milaeva, E.R., and Prokof’ev, A.I., Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1994, no. 1, p. 184.Google Scholar
- 6.Altomare, A., Cascarano, G., Giacovazzo, C., and Viterbo, D., Acta Crystallogr., Sect. A, 1991, vol. 47, no.4, p. 744.Google Scholar
- 7.Straver, L.H. and Schierbeek, A.J., MolEN. Structure Determination System, vol. 1: Program Description, Nonius B.V., 1994.Google Scholar