Transition Processes in Solid-Phase Electrochemical Systems Including Sulfur-Containing Components
Transition processes in direct-contact systems Li/Sb2S3 and Li/Sb2S5 are studied. As shown by potentiodynamic voltammetry, an Li3SbS3 interphase is the most probable product of the cathodic reduction at direct-contact interfaces. At certain polarizations and current densities, under potentiodynamic and galvanostatic conditions, the main current-producing processes that lead to the formation of the Li3SbS3 interphase compete with passivating cathodic reactions which occur via the mechanism of monolayer adsorption and result in the formation of an Li2S product which blocks grains of the lithium thiostibnite interphase. Effective transfer coefficients of passivating reactions are twice those of the main current-producing cathodic reactions.
Key wordspotentiodynamic voltammetry direct contact boundary lithium thiostibnite interphase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brainina, Kh.Z., Inversionnaya vol’tamperometriya tverdykh faz (Stripping Voltammetry of Solids), Moscow: Khimiya, 1972.Google Scholar
- 2.Vydra, F., Shtulik, K., and Yulakova, E., Inversionnaya voltamperometriya (Inverse Voltammetry), Moscow: Mir, 1980.Google Scholar
- 3.Arkhipova, N.V. and Mikhailova, A.M., Elektrokhimiya, 1995, vol. 31, p. 1401.Google Scholar
- 4.Berul’, S.I. and Lazarev, V.B., Neorg. Khim., 1971, vol. 16, p. 3363.Google Scholar
- 5.Arkhipova, N.V., Mikhailova, A.M., and Seryanov, Yu.V., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 2003, p. 18.Google Scholar
- 6.Kolotyrkin, Ya.M. and Popov, Yu.A., Elektrokhimiya, 1973, vol. 11, p. 406.Google Scholar
- 7.Calandra, A.J., De Tacconi, N.R., Pereiro, R., and Arvia, A.J., Electrochim. Acta, 1974, vol. 19, p. 901.Google Scholar
- 8.Galus, Z., Teoreticzne podstawy electroanalizu chemiczne, Warsaw: Panstwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe, 1971.Google Scholar
- 9.Delahay, P., New Instrumental Methods in Electrochemistry, New York: Interscience, 1954.Google Scholar
- 10.Agladze, T.R., Sushkova, O.O., and Sasaki, H., Elektrokhimiya, 1980, vol. 16, p. 1459.Google Scholar