Effect of Dibenzo-18-crown-6 on the Polymer Electrolyte/Lithium Anode Interface
Photocured polymer electrolytes, applied onto a porous polypropylene separator, with conduction by lithium cations (1 × 10−4 S cm−1 at 20°C) are designed. The polymer is formed from a 1 : 1 mixture of oligourethane dimethacrylate and polypropylene glycol monomethacrylate, which are capable of undergoing polymerization via double bonds in a liquid organic electrolyte (0.5 M LiClO4) in a 1 : 1 mixture of propylene carbonate and dimethoxyethane. The polymer electrolyte comprises a polymer composition (20 wt %), a liquid electrolyte (78 wt %), and a photoinducer (2 wt %). Effect of insertion of dibenzo-18-crown-6 into the electrolyte on its electrochemical characteristics (on the electrolyte/Li interface) is investigated. Dependences of the bulk conductivity and exchange currents at the interface on the temperature and storage duration are studied at different crown ether contents.
Key wordspolymer gel electrolyte photoinduced polymerization electrochemical impedance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Skundin, A.M., Efimov, O.N., and Yarmolenko, O.V., Usp.Khim., 2002, vol. 71, p. 378.Google Scholar
- 2.Hiraoka, M., Crown Compounds: Properties and Applications, Tokyo: Kodansha, 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.Yarmolenko, O.V., Ukshe, A.E., Movchan, T.I., Efimov, O.N., and Zueva, A.F., Elektrokhimiya, 1995, vol. 31, p. 388.Google Scholar
- 4.Yarmolenko, O.V., Ukshe, A.E., Yakushchenko, I.K., Movchan, T.I., and Efimov, O.N., Elektrokhimiya, 1996, vol. 32, p. 508.Google Scholar
- 5.Yarmolenko, O.V., Belov, D.G., and Efimov, O.N., Elektrokhimiya, 2001, vol. 37, p. 321.Google Scholar
- 6.Pedersen, K.D. and Frensdorf, Kh.K., Usp. Khim., 1973, vol. 42, p. 493.Google Scholar
- 7.Yarmolenko, O.V., Efimov, O.N., Kotova, A.V., and Matveeva, I.A., Elektrokhimiya, 2003, vol. 39, p. 571.Google Scholar
- 8.Grafov, B.M. and Ukshe, E.A., Elektrokhimiya, 1974, vol. 10, p. 1875.Google Scholar