Conductivity of Lanthanum-Strontium Cuprate LaSrCuO4−δ and Ionic Reversibility of Relevant Electrodes
A single-phase sample of the LaSrCuO3.58 composition is prepared by solid-state synthesis at 1473 K in air. The conductivity of LaSrCuO3.58 is measured by a four-probe method at direct current in the temperature range from 298 to 1173 K at oxygen partial pressures from 28 to 2.1 × 104 Pa. Heating samples above ∼670 K is shown to result in a changeover of the conduction type from semiconducting (p-type) to metallic. Exchange currents at the LSCuO/YSZ interface are measured by impedance spectroscopy. The measurements are carried out in high-density symmetrical cells LSCuO|YSZ|LSCuO, fabricated by hot pressing of powders under a pressure of 3.5 × 109 Pa at 773 K. Experimental exchange currents i0 (varying from 10−3 to 10−4 A/cm2 in the temperature interval from 800 to 1173 K) are comparable with such of materials based of lanthanum-strontium manganite.
Key wordsperovskites cuprates hole conduction impedance exchange currents
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lee, Y.K., Kim, J.Y., Lee, Y.K., Kim, Y., Moon, H.S., Park, J.W., Jacobson, C.P., and Visco, S.J., J. Power Sources, 2003, vol. 115, p. 219.Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, C.H., Bouwmeester, H.J.M., van Doorn, R.H.E., Kruidhofand, H., and Burgraaf, A.J., Solid State Ionics, 1997, vol. 98, p. 7.Google Scholar
- 3.Yu, H.C. and Fung, K.Z., Mater. Res. Bull., 2003, vol. 38, p. 231.Google Scholar
- 4.Savvin, S.N., Mychka, E.V., Mazo, G.N., Leonova, L.S., and Dobrovol’sky, Yu.A., Abstracts of Papers, E-MRS Spring Meeting, Strasburg (France), May 24–28, 2004, p. K-IX.4.Google Scholar
- 5.Yu, H.C. and Fung, K.Z., J. Power Sources, 2004, vol. 133, p. 162.Google Scholar
- 6.Sreedhar, K. and Ganguly, P., Phys. Rev. B, 1990, vol. 41, p. 371.Google Scholar
- 7.Mazo, G.N., Savvin, S.N., Petrykin, V.V., Koudriashov, I.A., Solid State Ionics, 2001, vol. 141–142, p. 313.Google Scholar
- 8.Scheurell, S., Kemnitz, E., Mazo, G.N., Kazin, P.E., Naumov, S.W., and Badun, Y.V., Fresenius’ J. Anal. Chem., 1991, vol. 340, p. 353.Google Scholar
- 9.JCPDS 71-1523.Google Scholar
- 10.Bonch-Bruevich, V.L. and Kalashnikov, S.G., Fizika poluprovodnikov (The Semiconductor Physics), Moscow: Nauka, 1990.Google Scholar
- 11.Bukun, N.G., Ukshe, A.E., and Ukshe E.A., Elektrokhimiya, 1993, vol. 29, p. 110.Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, S., Lu, S., and Liu, M., J. Solid State Electrochem., 2002, vol. 6, p. 384.Google Scholar