Anodic treatment of steel 40Kh in a 35-% sulfuric acid electrolyte containing chloride ions
- 16 Downloads
Anodic dissolution of steel 40Kh in a sulfuric acid electrolyte containing Cl− ions is studied by analyzing the experimental dependence of anodic current on the specimen potential. The dependences of the critical passivation current, anodic current at −0.15 to 0.55 V (Ag/AgCl), and passivation current on the concentration of Cl− ions (c) are determined. The maximum value of c for the passivation at 0.55–1.6 V (Ag/AgCl) is refined. The dependence of the specimen’s steady-state potential on c is determined and its decrease is related to an abrupt increase in the anodic current at the passivation potentials.
Key wordsanodic treatment of steel etching rate oxide film passivation steady-state potential
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Melkov, M.P., Tverdoe ostalivanie avtotraktornykh detalei (Solid Steeling of Automobile and Tractor Parts), Moscow: Transport, 1971.Google Scholar
- 2.Melkov, M.P., Shevtsov, A.N., and Melkova, I.M., Vosstanovlenie avtomobil’nykh detalei tverdym zhelezom (Restoration of Automobile Parts with Solid Iron), Moscow: Transport, 1982, p. 124.Google Scholar
- 3.Ivashkin, Yu.A., Golubchik, E.M., and Gazeikin, A.V., in Vklad uchenykh i spetsialistov v natsional’nuyu ekonomiku (Contribution of Scientists and Specialists to National Economy), Bryansk: BGITA, 2000, p. 124.Google Scholar
- 4.Epshtein, A.A. and Freidlin, A.S., Vosstanovlenie detalei mashin kholodnym zhelezneniem (Restoring Machine Parts by Cold Iron Plating), Kiev: Tekhnika, 1981.Google Scholar
- 5.Klinov, I.Ya., Korroziya khimicheskoi apparatury i korrozionnostoikie materialy (Corrosion of Chemical Equipment and Corrosion-Resistant Materials), Moscow: Gosmashizdat, 1960.Google Scholar