Multiple chain termination by aromatic nitroxides in oxidation of styrene
- 29 Downloads
The antioxidant activity of aromatic nitroxides in the oxidation of styrene was studied using a complex of kinetic methods in combination with quantum chemical calculations and kinetic modeling. During oxidation of styrene and its saturated analog, ethylbenzene, aromatic nitroxides terminate oxidation chains via the reaction with both alkyl and peroxyl radicals. The mechanism of the process was proposed, which explains multiple chain termination by the interaction of peroxyl and nitroxide radicals revealed in the investigation of styrene oxidation.
Keywordsaromatic nitroxides inhibited oxidation inhibition coefficient regeneration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.E. M. Pliss, I. V. Tikhonov, A. I. Rusakov, in Nitroxides–Theory, Experiment and Applications, Ed. A. I. Kokorin, InTech, Rijeka, 2012, 263.Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Sirick, R. E. Pliss, A. I. Rusakov, E. M. Pliss, Oxid. Commun., 2014, 37, 32. Received December 11, 2014; in revised form March 23, 2015Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Sirick, R. E. Pliss, A. I. Rusakov, E. M. Pliss, Oxid. Commun., 2014, 37, 37.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Goldstein, A. Samuni, in Stable Radicals: Fundamentals and Applied Aspects of Odd-Electron Compounds, Ed. R. G. Hicks, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 2010, 567.Google Scholar
- 8.C. Berti, Synthesis, 1983, 793.Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Golubev, V. D. Sen, Zh. Organ. Khimii, 2013, 49, 572 [Russ. J. Organ. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 2013, 49].Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. Granovsky, Firefly version 8, http://classic.chem.msu.su/ gran/firefly/index.html.Google Scholar
- 12.A. V. Sokolov, S. V. Popov, E. M. Pliss, D. V. Loshadkin, The official bulletin of Federal Service of Intelectual Property “Programmes for Computers. Data Bases. Integrated-cincuit layout”, 3, publ. 20.03.2013.Google Scholar
- 13.D. A. Bogoyavlensky, I. V. Tihonov, E. M. Pliss, A. I. Rusakov, Bashkir. Khim. Zh., 2014, 21, ? 4, 25.Google Scholar