Solubilization of new calixresorcinols with amino acid substituents at the upper rim in surfactant micellar solutions
- 46 Downloads
A spectrophotometric method was used to select conditions for the development of aqueous systems based on new calixresorcinols containing amino acid moieties at the upper rim and heptyl or nonyl substituents at the lower rim. It was found that the additives of N-metylglucamine lead to the increase in the solubility in water of the macrocycles under study. Traditional surfactants (cetyltrimetylammonium bromide and sodium dodecylsulfate) considerably increase the solubility of calixresorcinols under study due to their solubilization in the nonpolar micelle core when the concentration of the amphiphilic compounds is half as large as the concentration of N-metylglucamine.
Key wordssolubilization calixresorcinol surfactants N-methylglucamine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zh.-M. Len, Supramolekulyarnaya khimiya: Kontseptsii i perspektivy [Supramolecular Chemistry: Concepts and Prospects], Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1998, 334 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Ya. Zakharova, A. B. Mirgorodskaya, T. P. Zhiltsova, L. A. Kudryavtseva, A. I. Konovalov, in Molecular Encapsulation: Organic Reactions in Constrained Systems, Eds Udo H. Brinker, Jean-Luc Mieusset, Wiley, New York, 2010, p.397.Google Scholar
- 9.A. R. Mustafina, R. R. Amirov, Yu. G. Elistratova, V. V. Skripacheva, Z. T. Nugaeva, E. Kh. Kazakova, Colloid J. (Engl. Transl.), 2002, 64, 734 [Kolloid. Zh., 2002, 6, 811].Google Scholar
- 12.E. L. Gavrilova, M. N. Saifutdinova, Ya. S. Kochergin, L. A. Mushlaikina, Vestn. KNITU [Kazan National Research Technical University Bull.], 2014, 17, 10 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 13.G. A. Gainanova, A. M. Bekmukhametova, M. N. Saifutdinova, Ya. S. Kochergin, E. L. Gavrilova, L. Ya. Zakharova, O. G. Sinyashin, Vestn. KNITU [Kazan National Research Technical University Bull.], 2014, 17, 16 (in Russian).Google Scholar