Studies of structure and photochromic properties of spiropyrans based on 4,6-diformyl-2-methylresorcinol
- 56 Downloads
Indoline-derived spiropyrans, the precursors of nonsymmetric bis-spiropyrans, which are the promising prototypes of multistate molecular switches, were synthesized based on 4,6-diformyl-2-methylresorcinol. Molecular structure of one of these compounds was studied by X-ray diffraction analysis. Photochemical studies showed the presence of photochromic properties in the obtained spiropyrans at room temperature.
Key wordsspiropyran bis-spiropyran photochromism molecular switch X-ray diffraction analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R. S. Bertelson, in Organic Photochromic and Thermochromic Compounds, Vol. 1, Eds J. C. Crno, R. J. Guglielmetti, Kluwer Plenum, New York, 1999, p. 11.Google Scholar
- 3.S. M. Aldoshin, in Organic Photochromic and Thermochromic Compounds, Vol. 2, Eds J. C. Crno, R. J. Guglielmetti, Kluwer Plenum, New York, 1999, p. 297.Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Minkin, in Molecular Switches, Vol. 1, Eds B. L. Feringa, W. R. Browne, Wiley, Weinheim, 2011, p. 37.Google Scholar
- 8.E. L. Mukhanov, I. V. Dorogan, A. V. Chernyshev, S. O. Bezuglyi, I. V. Ozhogin, M. B. Lukyanova, B. S. Lukyanov, Int. J. Photoenergy, 2013, Article ID 752949; www.hindawi.com/journls/ijp/2013/752949; DOI: 10.1155/ 2013/752949.Google Scholar
- 10.N. E. Gel´man, E. A. Terent´eva, T. M. Shanina, L. M. Kiparenko, Metody kolichestvennogo organicheskogo elementnogo analiza [Methods of Quantitative Organic Elemental Analysis], Khimiya, Moscow, 1987, 296 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 12.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELXTL v. 6.14, Structure Determintion Software Suite, Bruker AXS, Madison (WI), 2000.Google Scholar