Novel 2-oxoquinoline-6-sulfonamides as thiazide-like diuretics
- 72 Downloads
A series of novel N-aryl-7-chloro-4-methyl-2-oxo-1,2-dihydroquinoline-6-sulfonamides were obtained. The structure-activity relationship (SAR) approach was used to study their diuretic effect on rats. Diuretic activity was exhibited by all the test compounds, with 7-chloro-4-methyl-2-oxo-1,2-dihydroquinoline-6-sulfonanilide being most active. A SAR analysis revealed that the substituted (especially ortho-substituted in the benzene ring) arylamides diminish diuresis compared to the most active compound. For the most and least active compounds, their effects on the electrolyte excretion (Na+, K+, and Cl−) and creatinine level were also studied.
Key wordsquinolin-2-ones sulfonamides thiazide-like diuretics structure-activity relationship
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Kar, in Medicinal Chemistry, 3rd ed., Anshan Ltd, Kent, 2006, 800 pp.Google Scholar
- 3.D. A. Sica, in Side Effects of Drugs Annual, Ed. J. K. Aronson, Elsevier, Oxford, 2007, p. 219.Google Scholar
- 9.D. A. Sica, in Side Effects of Drugs Annual, Ed. J. K. Aronson, Elsevier, Oxford, 2008, p. 252.Google Scholar
- 10.T. O. Tsapko, I. S. Gritsenko, V. O. Zubkov, L. M. Voronina, L. V. Galuzins’ka, Visnik Farmatsiï [Bulletin of Pharmacy], 2009, 3, 7 (in Ukrainian).Google Scholar
- 11.T. L. Lemke, in Foye’s Principles of Medicinal Chemistry, 6th ed., Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2008, 1377 pp.Google Scholar
- 12.US Pat. 5342946; Chem. Abstrs, 1994, 121, 300780.Google Scholar
- 14.T. V. Pastushenko, L. B. Marushii, A. A. Zhukov, Gigiena i sanitariya [Hygiene and Sanitary], 1985, 6, 46 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 15.I. S. Rossoff, in Encyclopedia of Clinical Toxicology: a Comprehensive Guide and Reference, The Parthenon Publishing Group, New York, North Carolina, 2002, 1528 pp.Google Scholar