Parametric domain of the stationary filtration combustion wave in the charge with a low carbon content
- 46 Downloads
The dependences of the temperature and the rate of filtration combustion (FC) of carbon on the main parameters controlling the process were experimentally and theoretically studied. Among these are the fraction of the combustible in the charge, the flow rate of the oxidant, the reactivity of the carbon material, and the level of heat loss via the reactor walls. The transition from the conditions of stationary propagation of the combustion wave to decay occurs critically, upon a minor change in the controlling parameters. The parametric domain of the stationary wave was determined. A simplified unidimensional one-temperature mathematical model was proposed for the description of stationary regimes of FC of solid fuels. The model qualitatively characterizes the dependence of the combustion regime on the main controlling parameters and makes it possible to reveal the critical conditions for the existence of stationary combustion regimes.
Key wordscombustion macrokinetics carbon oxidation kinetics filtration charge heat loss
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. P. Aldushin, A. G. Merzhanov, in Rasprostranenie teplovykh voln v geterogennykh sredakh [Propagation of Thermal Waves in Heterogeneous Media], Ed. Yu. Sh. Matros, Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1988, p. 9 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.E. A. Salgansky, V. M. Kislov, S. V. Glazov, A. F. Zholudev, G. B. Manelis, Fiz. Goren. Vzryva, 2008, 44, 30 [Combust., Explos., Shock Waves (Engl. Transl.), 2008, 44, 273].Google Scholar
- 5.I. I. Amelin, N. N. Volkova, A. A. Zhirnov, A. P. Alekseev, E. V. Polianczyk, G. B. Manelis, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 2008, 421, 65 [Dokl. Phys. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 2008, 421, 159].Google Scholar
- 6.I. I. Amelin, N. N. Volkova, A. A. Zhirnov, A. P. Alekseev, A. F. Zholudev, E. V. Polianczyk, G. B. Manelis, Khim. Fiz., 2010, 29, 76 [Russ. J. Phys. Chem. B (Engl. Transl.), 2010, 4, 265].Google Scholar
- 7.A. C. Fialkov, Uglerod, mezhsloevye soedineniya i kompozity na ego osnove [Carbon and Carbon-Based Interlayer Compounds and Composites], Aspekt Press, Moscow, 1997, 718 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.N. N. Volkova, E. A. Salgansky, A. A. Zhirnov, G. B. Manelis, Khim. Fiz. [Chemical Physics], 2007, 26, 53 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 10.A. P. Aldushin, V. D. Lugovoi, A. G. Merzhanov, B. I. Khaikin, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1978, 243, 1434 [Sov. Phys. Dokl. (Engl. Transl.), 1978, 243, 914].Google Scholar