Effect of a supercritical fluid on the characteristics of sorption processes
The effect of an inert supercritical (SC) component of a gas mixture on the equilibrium adsorption conditions was investigated theoretically. The adsorption isotherms were calculated within the framework of the lattice-gas model taking into account lateral interactions of the nearest neighbors in the quasichemical approximation. The physical adsorption and chemisorption isotherms were calculated at specified chemical potentials of the main and supercritical components and at specified mole fractions of the supercritical component. The binary phase diagrams SC component-atoms of the solid characterizing the solubility conditions of SC molecules in the solids are considered.
Key wordsadsorption isotherms physical adsorption chemisorption phase diagram supercritical fluids
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. Yu. Zalepugin, N. A. Til’kunova, I. V. Chernyshova, V. S. Polyakov, Sverkhkriticheskie flyuidy: teoriya i praktika [Supercritical Fluids: Theory and Practice], 2006, 1, 27 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.M. I. Temkin, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 1950, 24, 1312 [Russ. J. Phys. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 1950, 24].Google Scholar
- 5.M. A. McHugh, V. J. Krukonis, Supercritical Fluid Extraction: Principles and Practice, Butterworth Publ., Stoneham, 1994, 507 pp.Google Scholar
- 6.T. L. Hill, Statistical Mechanics. Principles and Selected Applications, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1956, 448 pp.Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. K. Tovbin, Teoriya fiziko-khimicheskikh protsesov na granitse gaz-tverdoe telo [Theory of Physicochemical Processes on the Gas-Solid Interface], Nauka, Moscow, 1990, 288 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.S. L. Kiperman, Osnovy khimicheskoi kinetiki v geterogennom katalize [Foundations of Chemical Kinetics in Heterogeneous Ctalysis], Khimiya, Moscow, 1979, 350 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 10.E. N. Eremin, Osnovy khimicheskoi kinetiki [Foundations of Chemical Kinetics], Vysshaya shkola, Moscow, 1976, 374 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 11.S. W. Benson, The Foundations of Chemical Kinetics, McGrow-Hill, New York, 1960, 703 pp.Google Scholar
- 12.Yu. K. Tovbin, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1997, 458 [Russ. Chem. Bull. (Engl. Transl.), 1997, 46, 437].Google Scholar
- 13.J. O. Hirschfelder, Ch. F. Curtiss, R. B. Bird, Molecular Theory of Gases and Liquids, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1954, 1219 pp.Google Scholar