Nature of paramagnetic centers in polyaniline as studied by SQUID magnetometry
- 53 Downloads
The temperature and field dependences of the magnetic moment of polyaniline powder doped by m-cresol were measured by SQUID magnetometry in the temperature range 2–300 K at 1000 Oe and in the range 0–50000 Oe at 2 K, respectively. The field dependence is not described by the Brillouin function for spin 1/2, as is expected in the framework of a commonly accepted “metallic” model. Both dependences are quite correctly described by a “triplet” model using a distribution of singlet-triplet splitting (E) with the density distribution function having a narrow peak near E = 0.
Key wordspolyaniline magnetic moment SQUID magnetometry singlet-triplet splitting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.A. V. Kulikov, A. S. Komissarova, M. N. Shishlov, L. S. Fokeeva, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2008, 316 [Russ. Chem. Bull., Int. Ed., 2008, 57, 324].Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Kulikov, A. S. Komissarova, A. F. Shestakov, M. N. Shishlov, L. S. Fokeeva, Proc. Intern. Symp. “Physics and Chemistry of Processes, Oriented toward Development of New High Technologies, Materials, and Equipment”, (Chernogolovka, Russia, June 25–26, 2007), Chernogolovka, 2007, 138.Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Kulikov, A. S. Komissarova, A. G. Ryabenko, L. S. Fokeeva, I. G. Shunina, O. V. Belonogova, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2005, 2701 [Russ. Chem. Bull., Int. Ed., 2005, 54, 2794].Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Kulikov, A. S. Komissarova, A. F. Shestakov, L. S. Fokeeva, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2007, 1959 [Russ. Chem. Bull., Int. Ed., 2007, 56, 2026]Google Scholar
- 11.R. L. Carlin, Magnetochemistry, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York-Tokio,1986, 328.Google Scholar