Basic hydrolysis of l,4-bis(triphenylphosphonio)buta-1,3-diene dihalides
- 61 Downloads
Basic hydrolysis of 1,4-bis(triphenylphosphonio)buta-1, 3-diene dichloride with 10% NaOH gave isomeric 4-diphenylphosphoryl-4-phenylbut-1(2)-enes and 1-diphenylphosphoryl-1-phe-nylbuta-1, 3-diene, the products of anionotropic migration of a phenyl group from the P atom to the α-position. Hydrolysis with Na2CO3 afforded only the diene product. In both cases, triphe-nylphosphine and triphenylphosphine oxide were isolated as secondary products. Dehydro-chlorination of 2-chloro-1,4-bis(triphenylphosphonio)but-2-ene dibromide with triphenylphosphine was proposed as a new convenient route to 1,4-bis(triphenylphosphonio)buta-1,3-diene dibromide.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.E. Zbiral, E. Werner, Ann. Chem., 1967, 707, 130.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Brophy, K. Freeman, M. Gallagher, J. Chem. Soc. 1968, 2761.Google Scholar
- 5.H. Christol, J. Joubert, M. Soleiman, C.R. Acad. Sci. Paris, 1974, 279, 167.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Zh. Ovakimyan, S. K. Barsegyan, N. M. Kikoyan, M. G. Indzhikyan, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 2005, 75, 164 [Russ. J. Gen. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 2005, 75].Google Scholar
- 11.M._Zh. Ovakimyan, S. K. Barsegyan, M. L. Movsisyan, G. A. Panosyan, M. G. Indzhikyan, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 2008, 78, 2052 [Russ. J. Gen. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 2008, 78].Google Scholar