New carborane-containing amino acids and their derivatives. Crystal structures of n-protected carboranylalaninates
- 83 Downloads
New alanine derivatives containing both the carboranyl and trifluoromethyl groups were synthesized by the reaction of organometallic derivatives of o-carborane with methyl trifluoropyruvate imines. When using the 1R-(−)-menthoxycarbonyl protecting group at the nitrogen atom, one of diastereomers was isolated and characterized. Trifluoromethyl-carboranylalanine methyl esters containing different protecting groups at the nitrogen atom were studied by X-ray diffraction. Both complete and partial deprotection of the amino and carboxy groups was performed.
Key wordsamino acids alanine organofluorine compounds imines carboranes X-ray diffraction study
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.N. Sewald and K. Burger, in Fluorine-containing Amino Acids: Synthesis and Properties, Eds V. P. Kukhar’ and V. A. Soloshonok, J. Wiley and Sons, Chichester, 1995, 139.Google Scholar
- 6.S. N. Osipov, N. D. Chkanikov, A. F. Kolomiets, and A. V. Fokin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1986, 1384 [Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci., 1986, 35, 1256 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 8.S. N. Osipov, A. F. Kolomiets, and A. V. Fokin, Usp. Khim., 1992, 61, 1457 [Russ. Chem. Rev., 1995, 61, 798 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 9.I. P. Beletskaya, V. I. Bregadze, S. N. Osipov, P. V. Petrovskii, Z. A. Starikova, and S. V. Timofeev, Synlett, 2004, 1247.Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. V. Zefirov and P. M. Zorkii, Usp. Khim., 1995, 64, 446 [Russ. Chem. Rev., 1995, 64, 415 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 11.SAINTPlus. Data Reduction and Correction Program, V. 6.01, Bruker AXS, Madison (Wisconsin, USA), 1998.Google Scholar
- 12.G. M. Sheldrick, SADABS, V. 2.01, Bruker/Siemens Area Detector Absorption Correction Program, Bruker AXS, Madison (Wisconsin, USA), 1998.Google Scholar
- 13.P3 and XDISK. Release 4.1, Siemens AXS, Madison (Wisconsin, USA), 1989.Google Scholar
- 14.SHELXTL V. 5.10, Structure Determination Software Suite, Bruker AXS, Madison (Wisconsin, USA), 1998.Google Scholar