Nano-cellulose/BF3/Fe3O4: a magnetic bio-based nano-catalyst for the synthesis of pyrimido[2,1-b]benzothiazoles under solvent-free conditions
- 54 Downloads
Nano-cellulose/BF3/Fe3O4 is a bio-based and eco-friendly catalyst with high catalytic activity. Easy separation with an external magnet and recyclability without significant loss of its activity are some advantages of this catalyst. Nano-cellulose/BF3/Fe3O4 was characterized by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, field emission scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, X-ray fluorescence, vibrating sample magnetometry, thermogravimetric analysis, and BET theory. The catalyst was applied for the synthesis of 4H-pyrimido[2,1-b]benzothiazole derivatives via one-pot condensation of aldehydes, 2-aminobenzothiazol and ethyl acetoacetate, under solvent-free conditions at 100 °C. This method offers several advantages including easy work-up, excellent yields and short reaction time.
KeywordsNano-cellulose/BF3/Fe3O4 Bio-based catalyst Magnetic nano-catalyst 4H-pyrimido[2,1-b]benzothiazole
The Research Council of Yazd University is gratefully acknowledged for the financial support for this work.
- 13.M.N. Bhoi, M.A. Borad, E.A. Pithawala, H.D. Patel, Arab. J. Chem. 9 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arabjc.2016.01.012
- 15.R. Ali, N. Siddiqui, J. Chem. 2013, 1 (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.M.A. El-Sherbeny, Arzneimittelforschung 50, 848 (2000)Google Scholar
- 18.S. Gupta, N. Ajmera, N. Gautam, R. Sharma, D. Gautam, Indian J. Chem. Sect. B 06, 853 (2009)Google Scholar
- 22.M. Kale, D. Mene, Int. J. Pharma Bio Sci. 4, 503 (2013)Google Scholar
- 23.V. Deshmukh, P. Raviprasad, P. Kulkarni, S. Kuberkar, Int. J. Chem. Tech. Res. 3, 136 (2011)Google Scholar
- 24.M. Yadav, V.K. Deshmukh, S.R. Chaudhari, Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 22, 41 (2013)Google Scholar
- 27.S.R. Vaidya, J.J. Chamergore, Chem. Biol. Interface 6, 47 (2016)Google Scholar
- 34.P.K. Sahu, P.K. Sahu, R. Jain, R. Yadav, D.D. Agarwal, Catal. Sci. Technol. 2, 2465 (2012)Google Scholar