Synthesis, photoluminescent, antibacterial activities and theoretical studies of three novel coumarin and dihydropyran derivatives containing a triphenylamine group
Three new coumarin and dihydropyran derivatives (1–3) have been synthesized and their fluorescence behaviors in dichloromethane solutions were observed. The molecular structures of two representative compounds, 2 and 3, were confirmed by single crystal X-ray diffraction study. The three synthesized compounds were evaluated for their antibacterial activities against Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus ATCC 29213), methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA XJ 75302), vancomycin-intermediate S. aureus (Mu50 ATCC 700699), and USA 300 (Los Angeles County clone) in vitro by observing the minimum inhibitory concentration.
KeywordsCoumarin Dihydropyran Staphylococcus aureus Minimum inhibitory concentration
This work was supported by grants from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 81001460 and 81273555) the Innovation plan of science and technology of Shaanxi Province (2014KTCL03-03) and the Development plan of science and technology research of Shaanxi Province (2012K14-01-04). The authors thank the High Performance Computing Center of Tianjin University and Prof. Xue-hao He for the services provided.
- 4.M.W. Climo, D.S. Yokoe, D.K. Warren, T.M. Perl, M. Bolon, L.A. Herwaldt, R.A. Weinstein, K.A. Sepkowitz, J.A. Jernigan, K. Sanogo, E.S. Wong, N. Engl, J. Med. 368, 533 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.M. Iranshahi, A. Jabbari, A. Orafaie, R. Mehri, S. Zeraatkar, T. Ahmadi, M. Alimardani, H. Sadeghian, Eur. J. Med. Chem. 134, 57 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.A.T. Khan, M. Lal, S. Ali, M. Md. Khan, Tetrahedron Lett. 5327, 52 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Y.F. Sun, Y.P. Cui, Dyes Pigm. 65, 78 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Y.F. Sun, S.H. Xu, R.T. Wu, Z.Y. Wang, Z.B. Zheng, J.K. Li, Y.P. Cui, Dyes Pigm. 109, 87 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.H. Eshghi, G.H. Zohuri, R. Sandaroos, S. Damavandi, Heterocycl. Commun. 67, 18 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.G.M. Sheldrick, SHELXS 97, Program for the Solution of Crystal Structure (University of Göttingen, Göttingen, 1997)Google Scholar
- 13.M.J. Frisch, G.W. Trucks, H.B. Schlegel et al., Gaussian 09, revision A.02 (Gaussian, Wallingford, 2009)Google Scholar