CAN-catalyzed synthesis of 10-arylpyrano[3,2-b]chromene-4,9-diones under solvent-free conditions
A novel and efficient one-pot synthesis of 10-aryl-7,8-dihydropyrano[3,2-b]chromene-4,9(6H,10H)-diones by three-component reaction of aromatic aldehydes, 5-hydroxy-2-methylpyran-4-one, and cyclic 1,3-dicarbonyl compounds in the presence of a catalytic amount of ceric ammonium nitrate under solvent-free conditions is described. The advantages of this method include operational simplicity, short reaction time, recyclable catalyst, and high yields.
KeywordsMCRs CAN Pyrano[3,2-b]chromene Synthesis Solvent-free
We are grateful to the National Natural Science Foundation of China (no. 21104064, 21172188), the Natural Science Foundation of Xuzhou Normal University (10XLR03, 11XLR13) and the Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions for financial support.
- 2.S.B. Ferreira, F. de Carvalho da Silva, F.A.F.M. Bezerra, M.C.S. Lourenco, C.R. Kaiser, A.C. Pinto, V.F. Ferreira, Arch. Pharm. 343, 81 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.H. Hussain, S. Aziz, B. Schulz, K. Krohn, Nat. Prod. Commun. 6, 841 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.V.V. Mulwad, V.P. Kewat, Indian J. Heterocycl. Chem. 19, 47 (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.W.L. Li, L.Q. Wu, L. Fu, J. Brazil, Chem. Soc. 22, 2202 (2011)Google Scholar
- 22.Crystallographic data for the structures of 4g reported in this paper have been deposited at the Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre with No. CCDC-891132Google Scholar