Interaction between poly(4-vinylpyridine-graft-bromodecane) and textile blue basic dye by spectrophotometric study
- 123 Downloads
The interactions between poly(4-vinylpyridine-graft-bromodecane) (P4VPBrD) and textile blue basic (TBB) dye in aqueous solution were investigated by a spectrophotometric method at room temperature, considering that the electrostatic force is the main binding force and that the color change during the combination is due to the transformation of dye species of acidic form into bound basic form as well as the bathochromic and hypsochromic effects of conjugation. The formation of an isosbestic point in the absorption spectra of textile blue basic dye species of acidic form was explained based on a new consideration about the solution equilibrium. An application based on the interaction of P4VPBrD with the basic coloring agent is presented. Tests were carried out to estimate the retention rate of the dye by P4VPBrD.
KeywordsInteraction P4VPBrD TBB Ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy
The authors thank the National Agency for the Development of University Research (ANDRU) in Algeria for financial support.
- 5.G. McKay, S.J. Allen, Mc Convey, Chem. Eng. Process. 21, 127 (1984)Google Scholar
- 8.K.H. Shosinsky, M. Vargas, A. Esquivel, M.A. Chavarria, Chem. Acta 33, 22 (1987)Google Scholar
- 9.K. Jung, H. Nikol, M. Pergande, Biochim. Biophys. Acta 183, 167 (1985)Google Scholar
- 10.K. Shirahama, K. Tsuji, T. Takagi, J. Biochem. 75, 309 (1974)Google Scholar
- 11.B. Cabane, R. Duplessix, J. Phys. 43, 1529 (1987)Google Scholar
- 16.R. Nandini, B. Vishalakshi, Spectrochim. Acta A 75(1), 14 (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.Y. Kirsh, S. Plujhnov, T. Shomina, V. Kabanov, V. Kargin, S. Vysokomolek, Eur. Polym. J. 12, 186 (1970)Google Scholar
- 19.M. Mazet, O. Dusart, M. Roger, D. Dussoubs-Marmier, J Water Sci. 3, 129 (1990)Google Scholar
- 22.Y. Safa, B. Nawaz, Afr. Biotechnol. J. 10, 3128 (2011)Google Scholar
- 23.A. EI-Nemr, O. Abdelwahab, A. EI-Sikaily, A. Khaled, Hazard. Mater. J. 161, 102 (2009)Google Scholar