Preparation of LaPO4 nanowires with high aspect ratio by a facile hydrothermal method and their photoluminescence
- 275 Downloads
LaPO4 nanowires (NWs) measuring 10–15 nm in diameter and up to 4 μm long were prepared by a 200 °C and 12 h hydrothermal reaction of LaCl3 and Na3PO4·12H2O solution with pH adjusting by 37 % HNO3 to 1, without using any surfactants or templates. The as-prepared LaPO4 NWs were characterized by X-ray diffraction, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, scanning and transmission electron microscopy, and UV–visible and photoluminescent spectroscopy. In the present research, photonic luminescence and absorbance of LaPO4 NWs show the maximum emission at 397.60 nm in the violet region and a band gap of 2.87 eV.
KeywordsSemiconductors Nanostructures Chemical synthesis X-ray diffraction Luminescence
The research was supported under Faculty of Science Research Fund, Faulty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand.
- 3.S. Lin, Y. Yuan, H. Wang, R. Jia, X. Yang, S. Liu, J. Mater. Sci. 20, 899 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Powder Diffract. File (JCPDS-ICDD, Newtown Square, 2001)Google Scholar
- 7.C. Suryanarayana, M.G. Norton, X-ray diffraction: a practical approach (Plenum Press, New York, 1998)Google Scholar
- 14.K.W. Andrews, D.J. Dyson, S.R. Keown, Interpretation of electron diffraction patterns (Plenum Press, New York, 1971)Google Scholar
- 21.S. Suwanboon, S. Chukamnerd, U. Anglong, Songklanakarin J. Sci. Technol. 29, 1563 (2007)Google Scholar