Strengthening of corundum ceramic with additions of nanopowders
- 24 Downloads
An experimental estimate is provided of the possibility of improving the strength properties of materials prepared from Al2O3 traditional for ceramic technology by introducing into them additions of nanosize particles of the same composition. Dependences are obtained for the strength and density of corundum ceramic on the amount of added Al2O3 nanopowder.
Keywordsaluminum oxide nanopowder ceramic strength hot pressing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. S. Novikov and E. N. Voronina, Perspectives for Using Nanomaterials in Space Technology [in Russian], Universitetskaya Kniga, Moscow (2008).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Ivanov, A. S. Kaigorodov, V. R. Khrustov, et al., “Strength of ceramic based on aluminum oxide obtained using magnetic-pulsed compaction of composite nanopowders,” Rossiiskie Nanotekhnologii, 1, No. 1/2, 201 – 207 (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.L. V. Morozova, E. A. Vasil’eva, A. E. Lapshin, et al., “Synthesis of nanoceramics in the system ZrO2–Y2O3–CeO2,” Ogneupory. Tekhn. Keram., No. 11, 24 – 27 (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.A. M. Verbovenko, V. V. Kartashov, and I. R. Mukhametdinov, “Possibility of reducing hot pressing production parameters,” Biosphere Safety: Proc. All-Russian Symp., UGTU-UPI, Ekaterinburg (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.K. K. Strelov, Structure and Properties of Refractories [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.E. S. Lukin and N. T. Andreanov, Technical Analysis and Monitoring of Ceramics [in Russian], Stroizdat, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar