Preparation of 1-phenylethanol by selective hydrogenation of acetophenone over alumina-supported Co catalysts
- 297 Downloads
Alumina-supported cobalt metal catalysts are studied in the preparation of 1-phenylethanol by the selective hydrogenation of acetophenone. X-ray diffraction was used to investigate the phase of the catalysts. Effects of reaction temperatures, Co loading, and catalysts preparation method on the activity of the hydrogenation of acetophenone and the selectivity of 1-phenylethanol were studied. The results show that the preparation method and Co loading influence the dispersion of the catalyst. The hydrogenation of carbonyl groups has priority to hydrogenation of phenyl groups over alumina-supported Co catalysts. The selectivity of 1-phenylethanol decreases when the reaction temperature is increased under the same conversion conditions. With the Co loading increasing, the reaction activity increases while the selectivity of 1-phenylethanol decreases. The selectivity of 1-phenylethanol reaches 98% when the conversion is up to 98.2% at 373 K over the catalyst prepared by impregnation.
Keywords1-phenylethanol Alumina-supported Co catalysts Selective hydrogenation Acetophenone
The work was supported by Excellent Young Teachers funding schemes of Zhe-jiang Province.
- 6.Chen CS, Chen HW, Cheng WH (2003) Appl Catal A 248(1–2):117Google Scholar
- 7.Casagrande M, Storaro L, Talon A et al (2002) J Mol Catal A 188(1–2):133Google Scholar
- 10.Bertero NM, Apesteguia CR, Marchi AJ (2008) Appl Catal A 349(1–2):100Google Scholar
- 12.Li HX, Chen XF, Wang MH et al (2002) Appl Catal A 225(1–2):117Google Scholar
- 13.Jiang L, Zhu YF, Xiang YZ et al (2007) Chin J Catal 28(03):281Google Scholar