Electrodynamic Analysis of Electromagnetic Hybrid Waves in a Ridged Waveguide
- 13 Downloads
We consider an algorithm of calculating the characteristics of the fields of hybrid modes in waveguides with complicated cross sections. The presented algorithm makes it possible to allow for the specific features of the behavior of the electromagnetic-field components near the dielectric and metal ribs of the waveguide. The results of calculating the electrodynamic characteristics of the hybrid HE and EH modes in a Π-shaped waveguide with layered and piecewise-layered dielectric filling are reported. The tables of cutoff wave numbers are presented, and the structures of electromagnetic fields of hybrid modes are shown. The results obtained by using the method proposed and the numerical methods are compared.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. F. Zargano, V. P. Lyapin, V. S.Mikhalevsky, et al., Waveguides with Complex Cross Sections [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.G. F. Zargano, A. M. Lerer, V. P. Lyapin, and G. P. Sinyavskii, Transmission Lines with Complex Cross Sections [in Russian], Rostov Univ., Rostov-on-Don (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Donchenko, G. F. Zargano, and V. V. Zemlakov, in: Int. Conf. on Actual Problems of Electron Devices Engineering (APEDE), September 25–26, 2014, Saratov, p. 326.Google Scholar
- 5.G. F. Zargano, G. P. Sinyavskii, and V. P. Tkachenko, J. Commun. Technol. Electron., 13, 1330 (1998).Google Scholar
- 6.V. F. Kravchenko, O. S. Labun’ko, A. M. Lerer, and G. P. Sinyavskii, Computational Methods in Modern Radiophysics [in Russian], Fizmatlit, Moscow (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Donchenko and G. F. Zargano, Fiz. Osnovy Priborostr., 5, 5, 40 (2016).Google Scholar
- 9.A. L. Feldshtein, L. R. Yavich, and V. P. Smirnov, Waveguide Elements Handbook [in Russian], Sovetskoye Radio, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar