On Dispersive Properties of the Photon-Density Waves in an Anisotropic Scattering Medium
- 38 Downloads
We study frequency dependences of the phase and group velocities of the photon-density waves in an anisotropic scattering turbid medium of the sea water type. It is shown that such a medium has an anomalous dispersion in relation to these waves, and their phase and group velocities are functions of the distance to a radiation source. The possibility of time focusing of the photondensity waves is considered for a linear frequency modulation of the radiated pulse. It is shown that full compression of the modulated signal is not achievable due to the frequency dependence of the refractive index of the photon-density wave. The degree of compression of the chirp signals with different parameters has been estimated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.I. L. Katsev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Fiz. Atm. Okeana, 8, No. 2, 212 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.A. G. Luchinin, Radiophys. Quantum Electron., 14, No. 12. 1507 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. Luchinin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Fiz. Atm. Okeana, 10, No. 12, 1312 (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.L. B. Gordeev, A.G. Luchinin, and Yu. B. Shchegol’kov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Fiz. Atm. Okeana, 1, No. 1, 86 (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.E. P. Zege, I. L. Katsev, A. S. Prikhach, and L. J. Mullen, in: Proc. Int. Conf. “Current Problems in Optics of Natural Waters,” St. Petersburg, Russia, September 12–16, 2005, p. 312.Google Scholar
- 12.A. G. Luchinin, in: Proc. VI Int. Conf. “Current Problems in Optics of Natural Waters,” St. Petersburg, Russia, September 6–10, 2011, p. 37.Google Scholar
- 14.A. G. Luchinin, Fundam. Prikl. Gidrofiz., 5, No. 4, 5 (2012).Google Scholar
- 15.A. G. Luchinin and L. S. Dolin, Atmos. Oceanic Phys., 50, No. 4, 44 (2014).Google Scholar
- 19.L. S. Dolin and I.M. Levin, A Handbook on Underwater Imaging Theory [in Russian], Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1991).Google Scholar
- 23.V. L. Ginzburg, The Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Plasmas, Pergamon Press, Oxford (1970).Google Scholar