Model of the Dynamics of Plasma-Wave Channels in Magnetized Plasmas
- 19 Downloads
We analyze the dynamics of the plasma-wave channels excited in magnetized plasmas in the whistler frequency range. A linear theory of excitation of a plasma waveguide by an external source is developed using the quasistatic approximation. Self-consistent spatio-temporal distributions of the electric field of quasipotential waves and plasma density, which are solutions of the nonlinear nonstationary problem of the ionizing self-channeling of waves in plasmas are found on the basis of the linear theory.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.E.A.Mareev and Yu.V. Chugunov, Antennas in Plasmas [in Russian], Inst. Appl. Phys., Rus. Acad. Sci., Nizhny Novgorod (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.A. N.Kondratenkov, Plasma Waveguides [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.I. S. Gradshtein and I.M.Ryzhik, Tables of Integrals, Sums, Series, and Products [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 11.L. A.Weinstein, Electromagnetic Waves [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1988).Google Scholar
- 13.G. A. Markov, L. L. Popova, and Yu. V.Chugunov, Pis’ma v Zhurn. Tekh. Fiz., 11, No. 23, 1465 (1985).Google Scholar
- 14.B. N. Gershman, Dynamics of Ionospheric Plasma [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 16.A. V. Gurevich and A.B. Shwartsburg, Nonlinear Theory of Ionospheric Propagation of Radio Waves [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar