Observations of the Ionospheric Wave Disturbances Using the Kharkov Incoherent Scatter Radar upon RF Heating of the Near-Earth Plasma
- 46 Downloads
Characteristics of the wave disturbances of the ionospheric electron number density were measured using the Kharkov incoherent scatter radar. The disturbance generation accompanied the SURA heating of the near-Earth plasma by high-power periodic radiation. The distance between the heater and the radar was about 960 km. The possibility of generating ionospheric wave disturbances with a period of 20 to 30 min in the internal gravity wave range was confirmed. The disturbance propagation velocity was near 320–400 m/s, and the relative amplitude of the electron density variation was 1–10%. The wave disturbances appeared in the altitude range 145–235 km. Aperiodic bursts of the electron number density with a relative amplitude of up to 5–10% were detected after the first switch-ons of periodic radiation in the 30-min heating — 30-min pause regime at altitudes of 145 to 310 km. The observation results generally conform to the synchronous observation data obtained using the Kharkov vertical-sounding Doppler radar and a network of ionosondes.
KeywordsElectron Number Density Ionospheric Disturbance Scattered Signal Wave Disturbance Doppler Radar
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.L. F. .Chernogor, Radiofiz. Radioastron., 17, No. 3, 240 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.K.P. Garmash, L. F.Chernogor, and A. B. Shvartsburg, Komp. Opt ., No. 6, 62 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.O. V.Pakhomova and L. F.Chernogor, Vestnik Kharkov Univ., Ser. “Radiofiz. Élektron”, No. 318, 29 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Misyura, O. V. Pakhomova, and L. F.Chernogor, Kosmich. Nauka Tekh., No. 4, 72 (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.K.P. Garmash, A. I. Gritchin, A.A.Gubarev, et al., in: em Proc. of the Research Institute of Radio [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1989), No. 9, p 57.Google Scholar
- 9.O. V.Pakhomova and L. F.Chernogor, Kosm. Nauka Tekh., No. 5, 71 (1990).Google Scholar
- 11.K.P. Garmash and L. F.Chernogor, Zarub. Radioélektron. Usp. Sovrem. Radioélektron., No. 6, 17 (1998).Google Scholar
- 12.K.P. Garmash and L. F.Chernogor, Élektromag. Yavlen., 1, No. 1, 90 (1998).Google Scholar
- 13.L. F.Chernogor, Radiofiz. Radioastron., 14, No. 4, 377 (2009).Google Scholar
- 22.A. V. Bogomaz and D.V.Kotov, Vestnik Nats. Tekh. Univ. “Kharkov Politekh. Inst.” Radiofiz. Ionosfera, No. 28, 29 (2013).Google Scholar
- 26.L. F.Chernogor, Radiofiz. Radioastron., 18, No. 1, 49 (2013).Google Scholar