Propagation of a Collimated Beam in the Refractive Scattering Medium
- 54 Downloads
We consider the problem of propagation of the radiation from a point unidirectional source in a scattering medium with a spatially inhomogeneous refractive index. A scheme for numerical solution of the radiative transfer equation with isolated singularities of forward and backward fluxes is proposed. It is demonstrated that analytical solution of the problem is possible in the small-angle approximation, within the framework of which the numerical calculations of the angular distribution of intensity are also performed with allowance for the variances of the scattered-radiation propagation path lengths.
KeywordsDolin Radiative Transfer Theory Refractive Medium Zero Boundary Condition Directional Radiation Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. A. Germogenova, Local Properties of Solutions of the Transfer Equation [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 12.S. M. Flatté, ed., Dashen, W. H. Munk, K. M. Watson, and F. Zachariasen, Sound Transmission Through a Fluctuating Ocean, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge (1979).Google Scholar
- 20.M.V. Fedoryuk, Asymptotics: Integrals and Series [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 21.D. M. Bravo-Zhivotovsky, L. SDolin, A.G. Luchinin, and V.A. Savelyev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Fiz. Atmos. Okeana, 5, No. 2, 160 (1969).Google Scholar
- 25.V. V. Voevodin, S. A. Zhumatiy, S. I. Sobolev, et al., in: Open Systems [in Russian], Otkrytye Sistemy, Moscow (2012), p. 7.Google Scholar