Electromagnetic field of a rotating magnetic dipole and electric-charge motion in this field
In this paper, we present the results of a study of the electromagnetic field in the near and intermediate zones of a magnetic dipole rotating in free space. Examples of solving the relativistic equations of the charged-particle motion in this field are given. The energy, which can be acquired by the particles during acceleration, is estimated.
KeywordsRotation Axis Magnetic Dipole Drift Velocity Azimuthal Angle Cyclotron Frequency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. E.Tamm, Fundamentals of the Theory of Electricity, Gostekhteorizdat, Moscow (1956).Google Scholar
- 2.F.C. Michel, arXiv:astro-ph/0308347v1 20 Aug 2003.Google Scholar
- 4.S. B. Pikel’ner, Fundamentals of Cosmical Electrodynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.L.D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, The Classical Theory of Fields, Butterworth–Heinemann, Oxford (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.V.T. Sarychev, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., 51, No. 9/2, 116 (2008).Google Scholar