New Results of Studying the Lower Ionosphere by the Method of Resonance Scattering of Radio Waves from Artificial Periodic Inhomogeneities
- 24 Downloads
We present the results of studying the lower ionosphere in 2000–2004 at the “Sura” heating facility by the method of resonance scattering of radio waves from artificial periodic inhomogeneities of the ionospheric plasma. Experimental data on a study of the sunset–sunrise phenomena in the ionospheric D region and the possibility of determining the concentrations of atomic oxygen and excited molecular oxygen are discussed. The results of studying the sporadic layers of ionization are presented and the method for a study of ion composition of the Es layer is discussed. Data of the August 2004 experiments on a study of the influence of heating the ionosphere on the Es layer and characteristics of artificial periodic inhomogeneities are presented. Prospects for further research are discussed.
KeywordsOxygen Experimental Data Atomic Oxygen Molecular Oxygen Quantum Electronics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Belikovich, E. A. Benediktov, G. G. Getmantsev, et al., JETP Lett., 22, No.10, 497 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Belikovich, E. A. Benediktov, A. V. Tomlacheva, and N. V. Bakhmet'eva, Study of the Ionosphere by Using Artificial Periodic Inhomogeneities [in Russian], Inst. Appl. Phys., Nizhny Novgorod (1999).Google Scholar
- 4.P. E. Krasnushkin, Method of Normal Waves in Application to the Problem of Long-Range Radio Communication [in Russian], Moscow State Univ., Moscow (1947).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Yu. Aksel'rod, G. I. Gerasimov, I. D. Kozin, et al., Dynamics of the Lower Ionosphere [in Russian], Kazakh SSR Nauka, Alma-Ata (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.E. Kopp, J. Geophys. Res. Lett., 102, 9967 (1997).Google Scholar
- 11.N. V. Bakhmet'eva, V. V. Belikovich, Yu. A. Ignat'ev, and A. A. Ponyatov, Geomagn. A'eron., 36, No.6, 36 (1996).Google Scholar
- 12.N. V. Bakhmet'eva, V. V. Belikovich, Yu. A. Ignat'ev, and A. A. Ponyatov, Radiphys. Quantum Electron., 42, No.1, 22 (1999).Google Scholar
- 19.V. V. Belikovich, N. V. Bakhmet'eva, E. E. Kalinina, and A. V. Tolmacheva, in: Proc. XXIth Russian Conf. on Radio Wave Propagation, Ioshkar-Ola, May 25–27, 2005 [in Russian], Vol. 2, p. 35.Google Scholar