Synchronization of periodic self-oscillations by common noise
- 33 Downloads
We consider the effect of external noise on the stability properties of self-oscillations. A stochastic equation for the phase is derived at the limit of weak noise (in the appropriate sense). The stationary probability-density distribution is used for an analytic calculation of the Lyapunov exponent. We show that the exponent is always negative for the small noise level, which corresponds to synchronization of self-oscillations.
KeywordsNoise Level Lyapunov Exponent Quantum Electronics Analytic Calculation Nonlinear Optic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Malakhov, Fluctuations in Self-Oscillating Systems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Pikovsky, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz., 27, 390 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Kuramoto, Chemical Oscillations, Waves and Turbulence, Springer (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.S. M. Rytov, Introduction to Statistical Radiophysics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Klyatskin, Statistical Description of Dynamic Systems with Fluctuating Parameters [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar