Synthesis of New Crystalline Pu(V) Compounds from Solutions: VII. Synthesis and Study of MPuO2C2O4 · nH2O with M = NH4 and Cs
- 20 Downloads
Double monooxalates MPuO2C2O4 · nH2O with NH 4 + and Cs+ ions in the outer sphere were isolated from weakly acidic aqueous solutions of Pu(V). The unit cell parameters of these compounds were determined. The ammonium salt is isostructural to its neptunyl(V) analog; its structure is characterized by the monodentate cation-cation interaction of plutonyl(V) ions. Cesium plutonyl(V) salt isolated from a solution is not isostructural to the neptunyl(V) compound and is easily dehydrated at room temperature to form tetrahydrate, which transforms to dihydrate at 110°C. The latter compound, according to the IR spectra, can have a network system of cation-cation bonds involving PuO 2 + .
KeywordsAmmonium Aqueous Solution Cesium Cell Parameter Unit Cell Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Krot, N.N., Bessonov, A.A., Grigor'ev, M.S., et al., Radiokhimiya, 2005, vol. 47, no.2, pp. 105–109.Google Scholar
- 2.Bessonov, A.A. and Krot, N.N., Radiokhimiya, 1991, vol. 33, no.3, pp. 35–46.Google Scholar
- 3.Grigor'ev, M.S., Bessonov, A.A., Yanovskii, A.I., et al., Radiokhimiya, 1991, vol. 33, no.5, pp. 46–53.Google Scholar
- 4.Ermolaev, N.P., Krot, N.N., and Gel'man, A.D., Radiokhimiya, 1967, vol. 9, no.2, pp. 171–178.Google Scholar
- 5.Gel'man, A.D., Blokhin, V.I., Bukhtiyarova, T.N., and Krot, N.N., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 1970, vol. 15, no.7, pp. 1899–1904.Google Scholar
- 6.Krot, N.N. and Grigor'ev, M.S., Usp. Khim., 2004, vol. 73, no.1, pp. 94–106.Google Scholar