Extraction of Lanthanide(III) Nitrates from Aqueous Nitrate Solutions with Tri-n-butyl Phosphate in Hexane and Tetradecane (Two- and Three-Phase Systems)
Extraction of lanthanide(III) nitrates [La-Sm(III)] with 1.83 mol dm−3 tri-n-butyl phosphate (TBP) in hexane and tetradecane was studied at 298.15 K. The extraction with TBP in hexane proceeds in two-phase systems, and with TBP in tetradecane, in two- and three-phase systems. Extraction in multiphase systems was mathematically treated.
KeywordsPhosphate Nitrate Hexane Nitrate Solution Tetradecane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pyartman, A.K., Kopyrin, A.A., Puzikov, E.A., and Bogatov, K.B., Radiokhimiya, 1995, vol. 37, no.1, pp. 52–55.Google Scholar
- 2.Nikolotova, Z.I., Ekstraktsiya neitral’nymi fosfororganicheskimi soedineniyami. Aktinoidy: Spravochnik (Extraction with Neutral Organophosphorus Compounds. Actinides: Handbook), Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1987.Google Scholar
- 3.Pvribil, R., Analytical Applications of EDTA and Related Compounds, Oxford: Pergamon, 1972.Google Scholar
- 4.Mikhailov, V.A., Kharchenko, S.K., and Nazin, A.G., Izv. Sib. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1961, no. 7, pp. 50–56.Google Scholar
- 5.Pyartman, A.K. and Kopyrin, A.A., Radiokhimiya, 1997, vol. 39, no.2, pp. 149–154.Google Scholar
- 6.Pyartman, A.K., Kudrova, A.V., and Keskinov, V.A., Zh. Prikl. Khim., 2004, vol. 77, no.1, pp. 166–167.Google Scholar
- 7.Pyartman, A.K., Puzikov, E.A., and Bogatov, K.B., Zh. Prikl. Khim., 1994, vol. 67, no.5, pp. 762–766.Google Scholar
- 8.Pyartman, A.K., Kopyrin, A.A., Keskinov, V.A., and Shuvalov, A.N., Matematicheskoe i termodinamicheskoe opisanie fazovykh ravnovesii v ekstraktsionnykh sistemakh, soderzhashchikh nitraty redkozemel’nykh metallov(III) i ittriya(III), nitrat natriya i tri-n-butilfosfat (Mathematical and Thermodynamic Description of Phase Equilibria in Extraction Systems Containing Rare-Earth Metal(III) and Yttrium(III) Nitrates, Sodium Nitrate, and Tri-n-butyl Phosphate), Available from VINITI RF, no. 3611-V98, December 9, 1998; Ref. Zh. Khim., 1999, no. 13, no. 17B362Dep.Google Scholar
- 9.Dennis, J.E. and Schnabel, R.B., Numerical Methods for Unconstrained Optimization and Nonlinear Equations, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1983.Google Scholar