Monitoring a Flow of “Hot” Tritium Atoms in the Course of Thermal Activation
- 11 Downloads
The possibility of measuring a flow of reactive tritium atoms falling on a target during thermal activation using polyethylene (PE) films was studied. Procedures were developed for pretreatment of PE films before experiment, their subsequent treatment, and radioactivity measurements. The distribution of the flow of tritium atoms in a common reactor as influenced by various modes of atomizer arrangement and different experimental conditions was studied with PE films. The rate of formation of the labeled compound was maximal when the product of the tritium pressure in the system (Pa) by the distance from the atomizer to the target (cm) was 2.
KeywordsPolyethylene Tritium Thermal Activation Subsequent Treatment Atomizer Arrangement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shishkov, A.V., Filatov, E.S., Simonov, E.F., et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1976, vol. 228, no.5, pp. 1237–1241.Google Scholar
- 2.Baratova, L.A., Bogacheva, E.N., Gol’danskii, V.I., et al., Tritievaya planigrafiya biologicheskikh makromolekul (Tritium Planigraphy of Biological Macromolecules), Moscow: Nauka, 1999.Google Scholar
- 3.Volynaskaya, A.V., Skripkin, A.Yu., Shishkov, A.V., and Gol’danskii, V.I., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1982, vol. 266, pp. 871–874.Google Scholar
- 4.Badun, G.A., Lukashina, E.V., Batuk, O.N., et al., Mater. Sci. Eng., Ser. C, 2003, vol. 23, pp. 797–802.Google Scholar
- 5.Filatov, E.S., Simonov, E.F., and Orlova, M.A., Usp. Khim., 1981, vol. 50, pp. 2167–2197.Google Scholar
- 6.Kuzmicheva, O.N., Badun, G.A., Fedoseev, V.M., et al., Abstracts of Papers, XV Simpozium “ Sovremennaya khimicheskaya fizika” (XV Symp. “Modern Chemical Physics”), Tuapse (Russia), September 18–19, 2003, pp. 186–187.Google Scholar
- 7.Badun, G.A., Kostin, A.I., and Filatov, E.S., Radiokhimiya, 1985, vol. 27, no.2, pp. 222–227.Google Scholar
- 8.Badun, G.A. and Filatov, E.S., Radiokhimiya, 1988, vol. 30, no.4, pp. 531–536.Google Scholar