Coprecipitation of microamounts of Cs with ferrocyanides of various metals
Coprecipitation of microamounts of Cs with ferrocyanides of various metals, exhibiting a high sorption activity with respect to Cs ions, was studied. The distribution coefficients of 117Cs were determined in coprecipitation with the ferrocyanides in 0.1 M NaNO3. The precipitated ferrocyanide was separated from solution by filtration through a Trumem metal-ceramic membrane. Cesium is recovered most efficiently with ferrocyanides of bivalent transition metals (Ni, Co, Cu, Fe, Cd).
KeywordsFiltration Cesium NaNO3 Distribution Coefficient Ferrocyanide
- 1.Kuznetsov, Yu.V., Shchebetkovskii, V.N., and Trusov, A.G., Osnovy ochistki vody ot radioaktivnykh zagryaznenii (Principles of Water Treatment To Remove Radioactive Contaminations), Moscow: Atomizdat, 1974.Google Scholar
- 2.Tananaev, I.V., Seifer, G.B., Kharitonov, Yu.Ya., et al., Khimiya ferrotsianidov (Chemistry of Ferrocyanides), Moscow: Nauka, 1971, pp. 227–239.Google Scholar
- 3.Khimiya dolgozhivushchikh oskolochnykh elementov (Chemistry of Long-Lived Fission Elements), Nikolaev, A.V., Ed., Moscow: Atomizdat, 1970, pp. 70–71.Google Scholar
- 4.Morokhov, I.D., Trusov, L.I., and Lapovok, V.N., Fizicheskie yavleniya v ul’tradispersnykh sredakh (Physical Phenomena in Ultradisperse Media), Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1984.Google Scholar
- 5.Milyutin, V.V., Gelis, V.M., and Penzin, R.A., Radiokhimiya, 1993, vol. 35, no.3, pp. 76–82.Google Scholar