Key factors affecting the hospital performance: a qualitative study using fuzzy logic
- 451 Downloads
Identifying the key factors affecting the hospital performance helps better planning for hospital high performance. The purpose of this study is to provide a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to investigate the hospital performance. In the qualitative section of this study, factors associated with hospital performance were detected using literature review, interviews, and expert panels. The findings analyzed by one sample t test and categorized by framework analysis method. In the quantitative section of this study, both direct and indirect relationships between factors were measured by using fuzzy Decision Making Trial and Evaluation Laboratory technique to detect influencing and influenced factors. Finally the key factors affecting the hospital performance were detected.
KeywordsHospital performance Fuzzy logic Qualitative study DEMATEL technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Huang, T.: Research of the relationship among personality traits, job stress, job involvement, professional commitment and job performance of administrative staff in hospital. Graduate institute of management sciences. NHU e.Thesis [URN: etd-0707103-173110] (2003)Google Scholar
- Jiang H.J., Friedman B., Begun J.W.: Factors associated with high-quality/low-cost hospital performance. Health Care Financ. 32(3), 39–52 (2006)Google Scholar
- Jozokli, N.: Determine performance indicators and patient satisfaction in hospitals affiliated to Tehran University of Medical Sciences. Master Thesis, Tehran University of Medical Sciences Publication [Persian] (2004)Google Scholar
- Mehrdad R.: Health system in Iran. Jpn. Med. Assoc. J. 52(1), 69–73 (2009)Google Scholar
- Petterson, I.: Trust-based or performance-based management—a study of employment contracting in hospitals. Int. J. Health Plann. Manag. (2009). doi: 10.1002/hpm.981
- Ravaghi, H., Manion, R.: Organizational failure and turnaround in NHS hospitals. In: 24th International Conference of ISQua, Oct 1–3 2007, Boston (2007)Google Scholar
- Sunol, R., Vallejo, P., Thompson, A., Lombrats, M.J., Shaw, C.D., Klazinga, N.: Impact Of quality strategies on hospitals outputs. BMJ Qual. Saf. 18(Suppl 1):i62–i68 (2009)Google Scholar
- World Health Organization. Health Centers: The 80/20 Imbalance: Burden of Work vs. Resources. World Health Organization, Geneva (1999)Google Scholar
- World Health Organization: Iran National Health Accounts. World Health Organization, Geneva (2007)Google Scholar