Constructing a fuzzy Shewhart control chart for variables when uncertainty and randomness are combined
In this paper we introduce a fuzzy chart for variables which is used in situations when uncertainty and randomness are combined. It is showed that the Shewhart chart’s control limits must be adjusted in these situations. However, this chart is based on a fuzzy acceptance region and this method arises when a decision should be made by referring to the grade of a sample statistic belonging to the fuzzy acceptance region.
KeywordsMembership Function Fuzzy Number Control Chart Control Limit Fuzzy Logic Controller
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Berenji H.R.: Fuzzy logic controllers. In: Yager, R.R., Zadeh, L.A. (eds) An introduction to fuzzy logic applications in intelligent systems, Kluwer Academic, Boston (1992)Google Scholar
- Driankov D., Hellendoorn H., Reinfrank M.: An introduction to fuzzy control. Springer, Berlin (1993)Google Scholar
- Kato, Y., Takahashi, M., Ohtsuki, R., Yamaguchi, S.: A proposal of fuzzy test for statistical hypothesis. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on System, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 2929–2933, 2000Google Scholar
- Kaufmann, A.: Hybrid data and their use in management, O.R. and control when uncertainty and randomness are combined in many ways. To more realistic models, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on System, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 309–313, 1983Google Scholar
- Kosko B.: Fuzzy thinking: the new science of fuzzy logic. Hyperion, New york (1993)Google Scholar
- Pedrycz W.: Fuzzy control and fuzzy systems. Research Studies Press, Somerset (1989)Google Scholar
- Yager R.R., Filer D.P.: Essentials of fuzzy modeling and control. Wiley, New york (1994)Google Scholar
- Zimmermann J.: Fuzzy set theory and its applications, 3rd edn. kluwer Academic, Dordrecht (1996)Google Scholar