Lack of Invariant Property of the Erlang Loss Model in Case of MAP Input
- 62 Downloads
The BMAP/PH/N/0 model with three different disciplines of admission (partial admission, complete rejection, complete admission) is investigated. Loss probability is calculated. Impact of the admission discipline, variation and correlation coefficients of inter-arrival times distribution, and variation of service times distribution on loss probability is analyzed numerically. As by-product, it is shown by means of numerical results that the invariant property of the famous Erlang M/G/N/0 system, which was proven by B. A. Sevastjanov, is absent in case of the MAP input.
KeywordsBMAP/PH/N/0 queueing model stationary state distribution Erlang loss model invariant property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. Breuer, A.N. Dudin and V.I. Klimenok, A retrial BMAP| PH| N system, Queueing Systems 40 (2002) 433–457.Google Scholar
- S.R. Chakravarthy The batch Markovian arrival process: A review and future work, in: Advances in Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes, eds. A. Krishnamoorthy et al. (Notable Publications, NJ, 2001) pp. 21–49.Google Scholar
- A.N. Dudin and V.I. Klimenok Multi-dimensional quasitoeplitz Markov chains, J. Appl. Math, and Stochast. Analysis 12 (1999) 393–415.Google Scholar
- A.N. Dudin, V.I. Klimenok, I.A. Klimenok et al., Software “SIRIUS+ for evaluation and optimization of queues with the BMAP- input, in: Advances in Matrix Analytic Methods for Stochastic Mod els, eds. G. Latouche and P. Taylor (Notable Publications, Inc., New Jersey, 2000) pp. 115–133.Google Scholar
- A. Graham Kronecker Products and Matrix Calculus with Applications (Ellis Horwood, Chichester, 1981).Google Scholar
- J. Kemeni, J. Snell and A. Knapp Denumerable Markov Chains (Van Nostrand, New York, 1966).Google Scholar
- V.I. Klimenok Characteristics calculation for multi-server queue with losses and bursty traffic, Automatic Control and Computer Sciences 12 (1999) 393–415.Google Scholar
- D. Lucantoni New results on the single server queue with a batch Markovian arrival process, Comm. Stat. -Stochastic Models 7 (1991) 1–46.Google Scholar
- M.F. Neuts Matrix-Geometric Solutions in Stochastic Models (John Hopkins Univ. Press, Baltimore, 1981).Google Scholar
- M.F. Neuts Structured Stochastic Matrices of M/G/1 Type and Their Applications (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1989).Google Scholar
- B.A. Sevastjanov Erlang formula in telephone systems under the arbitrary distribution of conversations duration, in: Proc. of 3rd All-Union Mathematical Congress (Academy of Science, Moscow, 1959) Vol. 4 pp. 68–70 (in Russian).Google Scholar