A Dirichlet Space on Ends of Tree and Dirichlet Forms with a Nodewise Orthogonal Property
- 81 Downloads
Stochastic processes on the field of p-adic numbers have been studied for more than two decades. The theory of Dirichlet space is applied in important parts of the studies. In some recent observations, the hierarchical structure is handled by tree structure and the structure gives an overview for measure symmetric stochastic processes on the field of p-adic numbers and ends of a tree. An orthogonal property described in terms of Dirichlet form for eigenfunctions associated with distinct nodes is involved coherently in the existing formalisms based on Dirichlet space theory. The objective of the present article is paying a close attention to some characteristic property implied by the orthogonal property and presenting a wider formalism in accordance with the characteristic property.
KeywordsDirichlet spaces Trees Jump processes p-adic numbers
Mathematics Subject Classifications (2010)05C05 06J75 11F85 31C25
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Chen, Z.-Q., Fukushima, M.: Symmetric Markov Processes, Time Changes, and Boundary Theory. Princeton Univesirty Press, Princeton (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Fukushima, M., Oshima, Y., Takeda, M.: Dirichlet Forms and Symmetric Markov Processes. Walter de Gruyter (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Kigami, J.: Analysis on Fractals. Cambridge University Press (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Kigami, J.: Transitions on a noncompact Cantor set and random walks on its defining tree. To appear in Ann. lnst. Henri PoincaréGoogle Scholar
- 13.Vladimirov, V.S., Volovich, I.V., Zelenov, E.I.: P-adic Analysis and Mathematical Physics. Series on Soviet and East European Mathematics, World Scientific, Singapore, New Jersey, London, Hong Kong (1995)Google Scholar