A model of the bottom turbulent layer in the shallow-water region
- 15 Downloads
We present a semiempirical model of the bottom turbulent boundary layer aimed at the application as one of the components of the procedure of evaluation of the vertical distribution of the concentration of suspensions in the coastal region of the sea. The model is based on data of laboratory experiments and is suitable for the sand bottom in a broad range of amplitudes of the bottom velocities of the wave origin.
KeywordsFriction Velocity Eddy Viscosity Turbulent Fluctuation Viscous Sublayer Bottom Boundary Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Ivanov (Ed.), Methods and Means of Monitoring of the Marine Environment [in Russian], Marine Hydrophysical Institute, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Sevastopol (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Schlichting, Boundary-Layer Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York (1955).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Monin and A. M. Yaglom, Statistical Fluid Mechanics, Dover, New York (2007), Vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 5.B. Le Meote, An Introduction to Hydrodynamics and Water Waves, Springer, New York (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.J. O. Hinze, Turbulence, McGraw-Hill, New York (1975).Google Scholar