High-temperature interaction of carbon ferromanganese and copper powders
- 29 Downloads
The thermal synthesis of a master alloy produced from a mixture of carbon ferromanganese and electrolytic copper powders and interaction of the mixture components in various heating conditions are examined. It is shown that the interaction mainly involves the extraction of manganese dissolved in γ-Fe with copper melt followed by the formation (in cooling) of viscous Cu−Mn phases.
Keywordsmaster alloy ferromanganese copper powder alloy formation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. H. Yaverbaum (ed.), Technology of Metal Powders — Recent Developments, Noyes Data Corp., Park Ridge, New Jersey (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.W. Schatt, Powder Metallurgy — Sintered and Composite Materials [in German], VEB Deutscher Verlag fur Grundstoffindustrie, Leipzig (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.I. D. Radomysel’skii and S. G. Napara-Volgina, Producing Alloy Powders with Diffusion Method and Their Use [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1988), p. 136.Google Scholar
- 4.P. N. Ostrik, M. M. Gasik, and V. D. Pirog, Metallurgy of Spongy and Powder Master Alloys [in Russian], Tekhnika, Kiev (1992), p. 127.Google Scholar
- 5.I. D. Radomyselskii, G. G. Serdyuk, and N. I. Shcherban’, Structural Powder Materials [in Russian], Tekhnika, Kiev (1985), p. 152.Google Scholar
- 6.N. P. Lyakishev (ed.), Phase Diagrams of Binary Metal Systems: Handbook [in Russian], Vol. 2 (in 3 Vols.), Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1997), p. 1024.Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Skorokhod and S. M. Solonin, Physics and Metallurgy of Powder Sintering [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1984), p. 159.Google Scholar
- 9.E. Dudrova and M. Kabatova, “Microstructure, mechanical properties and fracture behavior of manganese sintered steels,” Deformation and Fracture in Structural PM Materials, 1, 107–115 (2002).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. G. Dorofeev, L. G. Marinenko, and V. I. Ustimenko, Structural Powder Materials and Products [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1986), p. 144.Google Scholar
- 12.L. N. Gasik, V. S. Ignat’ev, and M. I. Gasik, Structure and Quality of Industrial Alloys and Master Alloys [in Ukrainian], Tekhnika, Kiev (1985), p. 152.Google Scholar
- 13.F. A. Shank, Constitution of Binary Alloys, McGraw Hill, New York (1970).Google Scholar