Effect of chromium and binder on diamond-matrix contact strength
The vacuum production of diamond drill bits is considered. The effect from the concentration of an adhesive-active element (chromium) on the diamond-tool contact strength is analyzed. It is examined how the binder affects the dependence of diamond-retaining force on the chromium content.
Keywordsvacuum process diamond drill bits adhesive-active element diamond-retaining force binder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Bugaev, “Examination of metallized diamonds,” in: Diamond and Hard-Alloy Instrument in Mining [in Russian], Tekhnika, Kiev (1965), pp. 61–64.Google Scholar
- 2.N. V. Tsypin, É. S. Simkin, and G. D. Kostenetskaya, “Studying phases formed at high-temperatures in the interaction of diamonds with metals,” in: Physical and Chemical Problems of Superhard Synthesis [in Russian], Inst. Sverkhtver. Mater. AN USSR, Kiev (1978), pp. 144–147.Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. V. Naidich, V. P. Umanskii, T. B. Konovalenko, et al., “Applying vacuum process and adhesion-active metals and alloys in manufacturing diamond drill bits,” Adgeziya Rasplavov i Paika Materialov, Issue 35, 120–126 (2002).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. V. Naidich, A. A. Bugaev, V. D. Mandzyuk, and É. N. Shnitnikov, “Experience in applying adhesion-active alloys and metallizing diamonds in drill bits,” Razvedka i Okhrana Nedr, No. 1, 52–56 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.V. P. Umanskii, A. A. Bugaev, V. A. Evdokimov, and T. B. Konovalenko, “Vacuum production of drill bits,” Adgeziya Rasplavov i Paika Materialov, Issue 37, 95–102 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. V. Naidich, V. P. Umanski, and I. A. Lavrinenko, “Metal and alloy bond strengths to diamond,” Industrial Diamond Review, No. 6, 327–331 (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.I. L. Knunyants (ed.), Concise Chemical Encyclopedia [in Russian], Sovetskaya Éntsiklopediya, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. V. Naidich, V. P. Umanskii, and I. A. Lavrinenko, Strength of Diamond-Metal Contact and Soldering of Diamonds [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1988), p. 136.Google Scholar