Features of skeletal composite compaction and sintering
- 20 Downloads
Skeletal composites are prepared using highly porous cellular nickel as a volumetrically-bonded framework and features of their compaction and sintering are studied. The skeleton improves composite compactability and may slow down volumetric changes during low-temperature sintering, but it does not affect them during high-temperature sintering. In compacts of skeletal composites at skeleton-ceramic boundaries there is formation of pores that by growing during sintering form a volumetric network of microcracks.
Keywordsskeletal composite highly-porous cellular nickel zonal isolated shrinkage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. M. Karpinos, L. I. Tuchinskii, and L. R. Vishnyakov, New Composite Materials [in Russian], Vishcha Shkola, Kiev (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.S. M. Kats, V. N. Bogin, S. S. Ordan’yan, et al., “Multilayer metal-oxide composites based on cast plastifying films with powder fillers,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 10, 71–78 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.A. E. Rutkovskii and A. A. Ivashin, Composites Based on Sitals Reinforced with Fibers, Preprint [in Russian], Institute for Problems of Materials Science, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Dariel, H. Iokhei, N. Frumina, and N. Frage, “Composites based on boron carbide impregnated with copper,” Proc. Internat. Conf., “New technology in powder metallurgy and ceramics,” (September 8–12, 2003, Kiev), Akademperiodika, Kiev (2003).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Ducheyne and L. L. Heneh, “The processing and static mechanical properties of metal fiber reinforced bioglass,” J. Mat. Sci., No. 17, 595–606 (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.F. K. Ko, “Preform fiber architecture for ceramic-matrix composites,” Cer. Bull., 68, No. 2, 401–414 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Skorokhod, A. N. Leonov, S. M. Solonin, et al., “Deformation features for highly porous metallic materials,” Poroshk. Metall., Nos. 5–6, 32–39 (2002).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Skorokhod and Yu. M. Solonin, “Relationship between integral and local compaction during sintering of porous bodies,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 12, 25–30 (1983).Google Scholar