Thermodynamic Properties of the Quasibinary System Bi2Se3 - Bi2Te3 over a Broad Temperature Range
We have studied the heat capacity and enthalpies of solid solutions in the quasibinary system Bi2Se3 - Bi2Te3 at low and high temperatures. Based on low-temperature measurements of the heat capacity, we have calculated the values of the enthalpy, entropy, and reduced Gibbs energy of the compounds under standard conditions. We have determined the temperature dependences of the thermodynamic functions for the solid solutions Bi2Se3 - Bi2Te3 (50, 70, and 80 mole% Bi2Te3) in the temperature range 298.15 K - Tmp.
Keywordsthermodynamics calorimetry heat capacity enthalpy entropy reduced Gibbs energy solid solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Anatychuk, Thermoelements and Thermoelectric Devices [in Russian], Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Blachnic and U. Rabe, “Enthalpies of mixing for liquid Group Vb selenides and Group Vb tellurides” [in German], J. Less-Comm. Met., 64, No.2, 295–298 (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Bolgar, A. I. Kriklya, A. P. Suodis, and A. V. Blinder, “Low-temperature heat capacity of sesquicarbides of praseodymium, neodymium, and samarium,” Zhurn. Fiz. Khim., 72, No.4, 439–443 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.A. S. Bolgar, N. P. Gorbachuk, and A. V. Blinder, “Enthalpies of silicides Gd5Si3, Gd5Si4, GdSi, GdSi1.88 in the temperature range 298.15–2200 K. Enthalpies of melting,” Teplofizika Vysokikh Temperatur, 34, No.4, 541–545 (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.N. P. Gorbachuk, A. S. Bolgar, V. R. Sidorko, and L. V. Goncharuk, “Investigation of the heat capacity and enthalpy of Bi2Se3 and Bi2Te3 in the temperature range 58–1012 K,” in: Science for Materials in the Frontier of Centuries: Advantages and Challenges: International Conference (November 4–8, 2002, Kyiv), Kiev (2002), Vol. 2, 523–524.Google Scholar
- 7.V. F. Litvinenko, A. S. Bolgar, V. B. Muratov, et al., Treatment of Experimental Enthalpy Data, Taking into Account Additional Conditions [in Russian], Institute for Problems of Materials Science, Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR (1984), Dep. in VINITI September 19, 1984; No. 6300V.Google Scholar